6

Becky was the worst wife. She knows that now. She treated Freen like trash since the day they got married.

She broke their friendship the day they were announced to be wed. She did that with the knowledge of how much Freen treasured their friendship. She knows that she's the older's first friend. But she was so angry. She hated everyone. She didn't want to marry early, especially marry a woman at that. She's straight, duh!

To be honest, it was not even the other girl's fault. Freen was also put in the same situation as her, but Becky needed someone to vent her anger to, so she targeted her innocent wife to be until after their marriage. She tried to reason out that the girl might be the one who insisted with the marriage as she admitted to her that she liked her prior to the announcement.

As cliché as it was, they were victims of an arranged marriage. Their parents paired them up all of a sudden and told them to get married without an explanation. What nonsense, right?

She was still in senior high school while Freen was already on her 2nd year in college when they got married. She was only 18 while the latter just turned 22.

She was so mad to think that she had to be the one to marry when she has an older brother who could've been the one to do so. But then again, she didn't want Freen to marry her brother! Tsk.

They had to live together in their own home like a real couple, after the marriage. And she made their everyday difficult.

She barely talked to her wife, and whenever she did, she always insulted her. She was always mean to her. The older was also the one who did all house chores, from cooking, to cleaning, to even washing her clothes, name it. And she did them without fail and with a smile on her face.

The older always cooked for her, waited for her to eat together, but she always made sure not to eat with her. When she's really hungry and the latter was still waiting, she'll opt to eat out, just to avoid her.

Because Becky can't drive, Freen would also send and fetch her to and from school, but she always treated her as a mere driver, sitting on the back seat, wearing her earphones, barely acknowledging her.

At school, she also either avoids her, humiliates her, or even make fun of her. She never got mad at her though. Instead, she still followed her around, served her, fed her, made sure she was safe, like she always does.

No one knew about their relationship. Even until she was on her last year on college and Freen was studying her master's degree in business in the same university. Everyone merely thought that the girl was her suitor, which she never corrected.

The first time Becky felt like she really hurt her wife was when she got into a relationship with Nop, one of her classmates. He was a persistent suitor. She didn't like him, but she was bothered by rumors about her and Freen, so she did what she thought she had to, she got herself a boyfriend.

She also did so, thinking that it would piss off Freen and put her off her back. But Freen never confronted her. Instead she distanced herself from her, like she was respecting her relationship, like she was not her legal wife. She never left though. She still took care of her, but she did that from afar. Becky knew she was hurt, but she didn't care.

The relationship lasted for a few months, until she realized that she can never like the guy. She tried to fall in love with him, treat him like a real boyfriend, use him as a distraction, but doesn't know why, but she can't seem to fall for him. So, she broke up with him.

And even if she never admits it, another reason she did that was because she missed to have her wife near her, clinging to her. But no one would know that.