She's Just Some Girl

"You've been doing the exercises every day right?" Mina asked.

Jeongyeon nervously gulped. She had been doing the exercises. It's just, maybe she hadn't been doing them every day like Mina had told her to do.

"Uh, funny story," Jeongyeon tried to explain. Whatever excuse she had died on her tongue when she was met with Mina's unamused expression.

Right. Pretty Japanese demon. Heavy emphasis on 'demon'.

"No," Jeongyeon admitted.

"Jeongyeon, you aren't going to get better unless you do as I say," Mina reprimanded. "Do you want to play baseball again or not?"

"I do! I really, really do. I promise I'll do better."

Why did it feel like she was getting scolded by her mother? Nobody was as intimidating as her mom, but Mina was sure giving her a run for her money. The Japanese woman sighed before looking to her tablet.

"I don't want to have to take drastic measures with you, but I will if I have to," Mina said. "I see you have your sister listed as your contact. Do I need to get her involved?"

"No!" Jeongyeon strongly protested. "If you tell her, then she'll call our parents and it'll turn into an international disaster."

"International disaster?" Mina questioned.

"Our parents work overseas. They worry enough about us as it is, with me and Seungyeon unnie here and Soyeon unnie studying in Japan."

"Oh."

Mina seemed to not know what to do with the new information Jeongyeon had just dumped on her.

"I promise I'll do the exercises every day," Jeongyeon said. She stretched out her hand and offered her pinky to Mina.

Mina glanced at her, fighting to hide her amusement, then intertwined her pinky with her patient.

"Are you sure you're 21?" Mina teased.

"Positive. And you can check that in my files on your tablet there," Jeongyeon said. "Am I free to go now boss?"

"Yes," Mina said, waving her away. "Leave before I decide to make you do another set as punishment."

Jeongyeon eagerly grabbed her bag and headed for the door. Mina had let her off fairly easy and she wasn't about to push her luck.

"See you next week boss."

Okay, she was pushing her luck a little with the nickname. She heard Mina chuckle behind her as she passed through the door.

Her therapy session had flown by today. It was still just as intense as last week, but she did enjoy the workout. After weeks of not being able to do her normal workouts because of her injury, she was realizing how much she had actually missed it.

Jeongyeon exited the building and frowned when she realized Seungyeon wasn't here yet. Quickly reaching into her bag, she pulled out her phone. There were three missed texts, two from Jihyo and one from her sister. She clicked on the notification from Seungyeon.

Seungyeon Unnie
"I'm running late. Be there in fifteen minutes"

The time stamp showed she'd sent it three minutes ago. So Jeongyeon had some time to kill. She texted Jihyo back then scrolled through her socials to see if she'd missed anything, successfully wasting a few minutes. The door opened up behind her, but she didn't pay too much attention.

"Jeongyeon, you're still here."

Jeongyeon turned around and her mind went blank. The pretty girl from last week was being pushed in a wheelchair by Mina. Now that they were close to each other, Jeongyeon could see just how pretty she was.

Love At Physical TherapyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara