She's Just A Friend

Getting closer to Nayeon turned out to be easier than Jeongyeon expected. Last week, after therapy, Nayeon ended up leaving at the same time as Jeongyeon again. They talked while waiting for their rides, and Nayeon surprised her by asking for her number. How could she say no to that? They'd been texting each other every day since.

Jeongyeon smiled to herself as she typed back a reply to Nayeon's message. It was so much fun to tease the other girl.

"Who are you texting?" Jihyo asked, peaking over Jeongyeon's shoulder to get a look at her phone screen.

"Just a friend," Jeongyeon said. She quickly hid the screen from Jihyo's prying eyes.

"That better not be who I think that is Yoo Jeongyeon," Jihyo said in a warning tone.

"Huh? Who do you think I'm texting?" Jeongyeon asked in confusion. What was Jihyo talking about?

"Mina. I thought we talked about this."

Jihyo let out a heavy sigh. She walked around the chair Jeongyeon was sitting in to stand in front of the girl and crossed her arms. Jeongyeon couldn't help it, she laughed right in Jihyo's face.

"Yah, what's so funny you dumb ostrich? I'm serious here."

"Your face! I can't," Jeongyeon wheezed. "You're so stupid."

"You really want to die tonight huh?" Jihyo threatened.

She lunged for Jeongyeon and tried to smack her head, but the taller girl jumped up from her chair, dodging the hit. Mina would be proud to know she'd used the proper technique to do it.

"I'm not texting Mina you dummy. I'm texting Nayeon," Jeongyeon said.

"Who's Nayeon?" Tzuyu asked, immediately perking up at the mention of a new name.

Shit.

Her and her big mouth. Jeongyeon hadn't meant to say that. She had yet to tell her friends about Nayeon. The moment they figured out how she felt about the girl, it would be game over for her.

If getting teased by her sisters was bad, her friends were even worse. Jihyo and Dahyun knew how to embarrass her ten different ways to Sunday. And don't even get her started on Tzuyu. That savage maknae was the worst of them all.

"She's just a friend I met at therapy," Jeongyeon said in the most nonchalant way that she could.

"Is she pretty?" Dahyun questioned and Jeongyeon could already see the mischievous glint in her eye.

"Don't start," Jeongyeon warned. She walked to the kitchen to grab a drink.

"Oh, so she is pretty," Tzuyu grinned.

Dahyun and Tzuyu both vacated their spots on the couch to quickly follow after Jeongyeon.

"How old is she?"

"Does she live around here?"

"Do you have a picture of her?"

"Can we see it?"

"Knock it off you two," Jeongyeon said.

She ignored the nosy girls at her back and opened the fridge, opting to grab a soda. Dahyun and Tzuyu weren't about to give up though.

"Oh come on unnie, it's been a long time since you were interested in someone," Dahyun said. "We need to know who this girl is."

"She's just a friend."

"Right. And Jihyo is taller than me." Tzuyu rolled her eyes.

"Yah! Why are you picking on me?" Jihyo said as she entered the kitchen.