PACIFIER PREDICAMENT

NATASHA X DAUGHTER READER
Y/N'S AGE : THREE YEARS OLD
TYPE : FLUFF
PROMPT : Natasha navigates the struggles of weaning you off pacifiers.

THIRD PERSON'S POV
Natasha rubbed her tired eyes as the morning light streamed into her daughter Y/N's room. Today was the day she had decided to start weaning her off pacifiers, and she knew it wouldn't be an easy task. Y/N had become quite attached to them, and the mere thought of taking them away was almost unimaginable.

"Good morning, sweetheart." Natasha whispered, gently shaking Y/N awake.

The little girl blinked her sleepy eyes and sat up, rubbing her eyes with her tiny fists. "Mama?" She mumbled, her voice groggy with sleep.

Natasha smiled, trying to put on a cheerful tone. "Guess what, Y/N? You're a big girl now, and big girls don't need pacifiers anymore."

Y/N looked at her mother with a confused expression, her brows furrowing. "Paci?" She asked, reaching out for her beloved pacifier that she had left on the bedside table.

But Natasha anticipated this request and ignored it, pretending not to hear. She gently tucked a lock of Y/N's hair behind her ear. "You're a big girl now, sweetheart. Let's get ready for the day."

Y/N's face crumpled, and she let out a wail that echoed through the room. "Paci! Paci!" She cried, tears streaming down her chubby cheeks.

Natasha sighed and scooped her up, shushing her softly. "It's okay. Mama's here."

As Natasha carried Y/N to the kitchen, the cries continued, echoing in her ears. She settled the little girl into her high chair, hoping that breakfast would distract her from the missing pacifier, but Y/N's sobs continued.

"Mama, paci." Y/N whimpered, her bottom lip trembling.

Natasha bit her lip, sighing. "Y/N, you're a big girl now. You don't need your paci."

Y/N's eyes filled with confusion and frustration, but Natasha remained steadfast. She prepared a bowl of mashed bananas, running around the kitchen.

"Mama, paci." Y/N insisted, her voice growing louder.

Natasha took a deep breath, trying to remain calm. "Sweetheart, let's try eating our breakfast first, okay?"

As Natasha struggled to prepare Y/N's breakfast, Yelena walked into the kitchen, concern etched on her face. "What's wrong with Y/N? Why is she crying?" She asked, glancing at the distressed toddler.

Natasha sighed, crushing the bananas absentmindedly. "I'm trying to wean her off pacifiers, but she's having a hard time understanding." She explained, her voice tinged with exhaustion. "I thought breakfast might help distract her, but she won't stop crying."

Yelena approached Y/N, offering a sympathetic smile. "Hey there." She said softly. "You're a big girl now, Y/N! You don't need a paci."

Y/N sniffled and stared at her aunt, seemingly taking in her words. Slowly, her cries subsided, and she reached for the spoonful that Natasha offered. Tentatively, she took a small bite.

Natasha scooped another spoonful of mashed bananas and gently guided it towards Y/N's mouth. "Here comes the yummy banana, open wide." She cooed, a soft smile playing on her lips.