Nico finds out Percy's secret, and confesses one of his own

Weirdly enough, Kayla was the one to get my vitamins for me, but I didn't mind. She was nice enough. She got me lunch too, and left the room immediately, leaving me to eat by myself. 

I hadn't done that in a while. 

Looking down at the simple Pb&J, I found that I didn't have an appetite. Like... At all. It was on wheat bread, wrapped in tinfoil for some reason. 

I don't know why I don't wanna eat, but I really don't. Maybe because I had breakfast. 

I sighed, feeling guilty as I stuffed the sandwich down in the trash can. I tried to bury it, to make sure Will wouldn't spot it. I knew I'd get in trouble if he did, he'd probably make me stay here another week. 

Help! 

That voice again. 

Please... Can you hear me? I need you. 

I laid back and closed my eyes, trying to send a message back. 

Where are you? 

Silence. 

I don't think he heard me. 

He was screaming. 

I'm coming, Leo. I just need to figure out where you are. 

I opened my eyes again when I heard the door open, my eyes latching onto Percy, who was sticking his head in. "Uh... Hey. I was just wondering if you wanted to eat lunch with me." 

He seemed so shy, and... I had to admit, it was kind of cute. I just rolled my eyes. "I mean, I already ate, so..." I didn't, but I didn't want him to worry about me. "But you can come in if you want." 

He grinned widely and stepped in, sitting on the visitor's chair as he stuffed blue corn chip nachos in his mouth. "So, what'cha doin?" He asked, his mouth still full of food. 

I stared at him in disgust. "Just wondering why I ever liked you." 

He swallowed, thank gods, and pouted. "Aw, come on! It's bad enough hearing I'm not your type anymore." 

"Why should that matter?" I asked. "You have a girlfriend, and you're straight!" 

His brows shot up, and his mouth hung open like he was about to say something. "I, uhhh... Not, um, not exactly." He laughed sheepishly. 

I was shocked to hear that so flippantly. It took a long time for me to work the courage up to admit it out loud, and I was so worried that he would think I was a pervert. Meanwhile... 

... So I did have a chance with him, some small part of me thought. The part of me I wanted to kill, needed to kill before it choked my common sense out like a weed. 

I looked back at him, still looking away self-consciously. 

I should say something. 

"... Oh." Was all I could think of. "Well, you still have a girlfriend!" I scolded. "Seriously, why are you so hurt by my not being into you anymore? What the hell is wrong with you?" 

He laughed, but I could tell it was a nervous laugh. "That's, uh... All you had to say?" 

I sighed, feeling guilt press down on my chest. "... I mean, what did you want me to say?" 

"I don't know, congratulations maybe?" 

"Well... Congratulations, then. And, um... Sorry." 

"It's fine. I know you're not very... Equipped, when it comes to social stuff."