Snack

They parked their car and went into the hotel. "We can stay hear while the police investigate." David said, walking up to the front desk.
    "How many?" "Oh um four." She typed something on the computer and then handed them a keycard. "Enjoy your stay!"
    They took the elevator to the tenth floor and unlocked there room. As they walked in, the ground rumbled. "Whoa did you feel that." Ben said grabbing David. "There probably just doing construction somewhere." David replied, comforting him.
    Jack sat down on the edge of the bed, tears in his eyes. "I-I can't be-leave we left St-Stephanie."  David sat down next him and grabbed his hands. "Jack there's nothing we could have done."  "Yes there was!" He screamed. "We could've stayed to fucking help her!" "Jack we would have died." "How do you know that!" "Jack calm d..." "Fuck all of you!" Jack stormed out the door slamming it behind him. "Just give him time."  Chelsea said sitting down next to David.
    Jack sat on the Bench in the hallway and buried his face in his hands. "Why god, why?" He looked up and saw a vending machine in front of him. He pulled out a dollar put it in the slot. The spiral began to twist pushing the chips forward. It was about to drop when the spiral stiffened, just short of its release. "Oh my fucking god!" He pounded his fist on the glass but it didn't budge. He squatted down to his knees and forced his hand through the flap, up into the machine. He reached for the chips but was just a couple inches short. He layed down on his back and forced his shoulder in. His fingers barely grasped the bag as he straned to reach. Fustrated, he hit the machine, smashing his fist onto the button panel. The spiral below the chips began to spin and the tip slowly rotated toward his hand. He tried to pull his arm out but his shoulder was stuck. "Come on."  He wheezed as he yanked at his arm. The spike stabbed into his hand and he let out a painfull yell. It broke through his palm and as it twisted, pulling his arm further into the machine. "Help me!"
    "I'm starting to worry about Jack. He's been out there for a while." "Just give him a little more time."  Chelsea said. "I'm sure he's fine."
    Jack reached for the power cord but it was too far. His shoulder popped as it dislocated and he yelped in pain. The spiral began to slowly slice through his hand and blood poured down his arm. The metal creaked as the gap bent open wider from the pressure. His bicep slowly began to rip open, revealing his muscle and tissue. He banged on the machine as the spiral's motor squealed and gradually slowed down. It screeched to a stop and the spiral tour through his hand splitting it open. His arm shot out of the gap due to the release of pressure and he rolled away from the machine. He stood up, blood pouring from his split hand and began running for his room.
    "I'm gunna go look for him. He's been gone way to long." "We'll help you look." Chelsea responded. They got up from the bed and headed for the door.
    As the blood drained from Jack, his vision went blurry.  He tried to reach for the handle but missed. He stumbled past his room and hit the railing at the end of the hallway. He flew over the edge and began falling. He kicked his feet through the bars, breaking his fall and dangling him over the edge of the building
    David opened the door and looked down the hall. "Jack! Where are you?" He heard a weak cry but couldn't tell where it was coming from. "I'll look outside." Ben said before running down the hallway.
    He took the elevator to the first floor and ran out to the parking lot. "Jack!" He ran along the wall but stopped when he felt something wet on his head. He touched it and looked at his fingers. "Oh fuck." He looked up and saw Jack dangling over the edge, blood pouring from him.
    Davids phone rang and he put it to his ear. "David, Jacks hanging off the side of the building!" "What?" He ran to the end of the hallway and looked over the edge. "Jack!" He looked down and saw his foot barraly hanging onto the railing. "Hold on, I'll pull you up." He bent down and grabbed his foot.
    Chelsea looked around the corned and saw David on his knees at the end of the hall. "Hey is everything ok?" She heard David yell for Jack and ran up behind him. "Oh my god!" She screamed looking at Jack's bloody body.  The building rumbed again causing Jack's foot to slip through the bars. He began to fall, pulling David toward the railing.  He smashed his head into the metal, causing him to let go. Jack fell down ten story's and landed on his head, smashing it open.
    Blood sprayed onto Ben as he horrifyingly watched Jack's headless body roll over onto it's  back.
    "That's the second one of us to die!"  Chelsea said, her eyes filled with tears. "Ever since the sinkhole, it's like death has been after us." David thought back to it and remembered the vision he had. He remebered Stephanie dieing, then Jack, then Ben, Chelsea, and finally him. As he thought about it he realized that they were dying in the order of his vision. "Maybe death is after us." "What?" Chelsea said confused. "Before the sinkhole, I had a vision of us all dying in it. It felt so real, but when I snapped out of it I realized it wasn't, or so I thought. The same events began to play out. Stephanie hitting her head, the water fall drying up, the power going out. That's how I got all of us out in time." Chelsea's eyes widened in shock. "We might have escaped the sinkhole, but we didn't escape death and it looks like we are dying in the same order we were supposed to that day." "So if what you are saying is true. Then who's next?"