Split

A large wall of water crashed down on the beach and began devouring buildings. Fear pounded in David as he searched for somewhere to take shelter. He looked behind him and his eyes caught the door to the stairs. He looked past it and saw the ground was still collapsing, deconstructing the hallway. He began sprinting toward the door as the ground crumbled, quickly heading toward David. He leaped for the handle just as the floor disappeared underneath him. He struggled to grip onto the handle as he tried to open the door. He placed his feet on the wall and pushed. It slowly wedged open, bringing David with it. The door abruptly stopped in the middle of the hall, causing David to lose grip on his left hand. He dangled helplessly as he tried to grip back on. He swung his hand up to the handle behind the door and barely grasped it. He slowly let go of the handle on the front of the door with his right hand and regripped it on the other side  He bent his legs and thrusted forward Swaying his body toward the exit. The door began to close but quickly reopened. David began to cry as his strength weakened. He swung again but the door just reopened. With no other options he pulled his legs back and thrusted his body forward letting go of the handle. He reached his arms out for the ledge and clasped his fingers onto it. He pushed is feet onto the wall and slowly pulled himself up. He ran up the stairs as fast as he could and out onto the roof. He looked behind him a saw the wave quickly approaching. All of a sudden a ship emerged from the water heading straight for the Hotel. It smashed into the side, demolitioning the entire building. David was thrown into the air and began souring down to the water. The front of the boat pointed down toward the water smashing into the ground. The back of the boat rose into the air and swung into the path of David. The propellers spun wildly, nearly pulverizing David. It smashed into the building in front of him, the blades shredding the glass and catpolting it back at David. Small shards shot through David, putting holes in him and he screamed in pain, closing his eyes. He slowly reopened them and saw a large shard flying toward him. He tried to direct himself out of the way but it was no use. He could hear it slicing through the air as it rapidly approached. The glass collided with him, the shard cutting clean through him. He tried screaming but nothing came out. His body slowly separated diagonally and his eyes rolled back. The two halves of him landed in the flowing water and were pulled under, never to be seen again.