Down you go

Ben's phone rang and he pulled it out of his pocket. He was about to answer but it canceled.
    "Fuck!" David pulled the phone away from his ear and looked at the screen. "No service? How is that possible? I was full bars thrity seconds ago!" The building began to rumble again but this time it didn't stop. "What's going on?" Stephanie said, trying to keep her balence. A cracking sound began behind them and they both turned around. They look over the railing and saw cracks forming around Jacks's body. "What the he..." The building shook violently, throwing them against the wall.
    Ben was slammed into the elevator doors. He struggled to keep his balance as the lights above him flickered. The floor level display glitched and the doors opened slightly. One of the cables holding the elevator snapped and he dropped down, raising the hallway in front of him halfway up. He ran up to the door and widged his hands into the gap. He pulled with all his strength and it opened up a few more inches. He continued pulling but the doors opened no further. The elevator creaked above him and the floor rose another inch.
    "We have to go look for Ben!" David sprinted down the hall way, stephanie fallowing behind. He turned the corner as Ben reached his arms through the gap of the elevator "Ben!" He and Chelsea ran up to him and began pulling on the door. Ben squeezed his head through and was slowly sliding his chest out. All of a sudden the build shook again causing David and Chelsea to loose grip. The door tightened around Ben, trapping him. The remaining two suspension cables began to stretch from the weight slowly lowering the elevator. The gap began to shrink as the elevator's ceiling descended down toward Ben. Chelsea and David quickly reached back for the door and pulled as hard as they could.  A cable snapped lowering the ceiling to barely hover over him. David and Chelsea ripped the doors the rest of the way open and Ben fell back into the Elevator just as the last cable snapped.
    Ben began falling, rappidly picking up speed. Before he could hit the bottom the emergance breaks kicked in. He slowly sqreeched to a stop at the third floor. He sprinted out the elevator and down the hall. Just then the building shook again and the walls began to crumble around him. The trash shoot open and he fell back into it.  He flew down the tunnle landing in a pile of black bags.
    A chunk of the ceiling broke off and smashed into the floor nearly crushing David. Chelsea looked around and saw a room with its door open. "Come on!" She grabbed his hand and darted into the room as the hallway collapsed. They crawled under a table, avoidng the falling debis.
    Ben crawled around the trash, looking for a way out and slowly began climbing a mountain of bags. He was about halfway up when he heard a loud humming sound infront of him. The trash began to shift and bags began slipping out from under him. He scrambled to the top but was met with a metal roof. There was no way out of the container he was in. As he came to this realization a cold wall pressed against him. He fell to the bottom and the mountain collapsed, falling on top of him.
    The ground underneath Ben and Chelsea began to crack as the ceiling rained down on them. A large chunk of concrete fell on top of the table smashing the floor beneath it. They fell into the room below them and a leg of the table fell onto the back of Chelsea's shin, puncturing it. She screamed in pain, blood pouring from the wound.  "Chelsea!" David ran over to her and began helping her up. A chunk of the ceiling fell and landed on the protruding wood, shoving it through her flesh and into the floor. The wall next to David collapsed and he fell back, letting go of Chelsea. She fell onto the floor, smashing her nose open. Blood covered her face as she cried in agony. A pipe fell from the wall, pointing toward Chelsea, and began to steam. She tried to crawl away but the wood stayed sturdy in the floor. Ben slowly got up and saw Chelsea clawing at the ground. The pipe began to vibrate and a hissing sound slowly built up. "Ben, hel--" Water burst from the pipe, spraying onto Chelsea. She screamed as her skin melted. Water splashed onto David's face and he stumbled back in pain, falling through the door. 
    Ben slowly began to twist as the space in the container shrunk. His arm snapped back as it contorted in between bags. He cried out for help but no one could hear him. His back crackled like fireworks until it split, paralyzing him. He could do nothing as the gap slowly closed, twisting him until every bone shattered.
    David ran up to the door but it didn't budge. "Chelsea!" Steam flowed through the door as her screams slowly faded. "I'm so sorry." Water seaped out from under the door, burning David's feet. He reluctantly backed away, tears running down his face. The ground sunk down in front of him and he began running down the hall. He reached the balcony at the end of the hall and froze "Holy fuck!"