Chapter 7 - The Ballad of House Harmony

Author Note: Wow! This fic has exploded with a multitude of follows, favorites, and reviews. I believe this surge in popularity is partly due to the anime's recent conclusion (though I'm still only on episode 15, lol). I am incredibly grateful for the amazing reviews, especially the one from TheEmeraldMage. It truly made me ecstatic to see how much you enjoyed the fic! Thank you all for reading, and if you leave a review, I will definitely respond to it. While this chapter was quite lengthy, the upcoming ones will delve even deeper into the relationship between Aiden and Suletta. I simply can't contain my excitement! Although there were hints scattered throughout these last few chapters, just wait and see what's in store! Thank you all once again for reading, and please remember to follow, favorite, and review. Your support greatly influences my upload speed and motivates me to continue writing and developing my stories!

House Harmony, with its fraternity-like structure, was renowned for its legendary parties. These events were extravagant, fueled by donations from other houses and even paid attendees. They knew how to throw a mind-blowing bash. The air crackled with anticipation as the lively festivities unfolded.

Within the vibrant atmosphere, a group of House Harmony members gathered. They had a reputation for their connections to drug and alcohol suppliers. Today, an Earthian man arrived, delivering rum and marijuana. A smirking figure, he boasted, "Because you guys have been good buyers, I'll give this shipment to you half off. It was grown in some guy's basement in Eastern Europe. This shit will knock you on your ass."

Oscar examined the small piece in his hand, skeptically twirling it between his fingers. "Dude," he scoffed, staring at the dealer, "this is like half the size of a vitamin. You're telling me that—"

"I took it, and it knocked me on my ass," the dealer interjected, raising both hands in defense. "Strongest shit I've ever taken," he pointed at the drug with accusatory disbelief. "Had me tripping at my cousin's graduation, but it really makes time fly by and just... tones you down."

Oscar shrugged, exhaling deeply. "Fine," he conceded, handing over the money while revealing a jar of faintly glistening gummies. "You seem legit, so I'll give these a shot."

The dealer departed, disappearing into the spaceship, while other House Harmony members, including navigators, mechanics, and backup pilots, hastily packed away the contraband before the academy's police could make their rounds.

That had been yesterday, and now, Oscar had a sinking feeling that the day ahead would be monotonous and tedious. But he was one of the few individuals skilled enough to pilot a titan, possessing exceptional abilities to match. His attention, however, was drawn to the jar of gummies. "Maybe just one..."

Initially, the effects were subtle. Oscar sought out Jack, Deacon, and Aiden, who were en route to the dueling committee. Arriving earlier than expected, they decided to indulge in a quick smoke. Oscar started to question the entire ordeal, thinking it might be a load of crap.

"Damn it," he muttered under his breath while waiting for the elevator. "Can't believe I gave him that extra twenty bucks. That was over an hour's work and..."

The elevator doors opened, revealing Suletta and Miorine. They engaged in conversation, while Aiden and Miorine found themselves entangled in a peculiar love quarrel. Oscar played the role of mediator, assisting Aiden in communicating with Suletta. Aiden's beaming smile and flushed cheeks spoke volumes.

As they approached the dueling committee section, Oscar's discomfort grew. He spotted the prestigious committee members, heirs to powerful families within the Benrett group, destined to shape the fate of the universe. A gnawing ache churned in his stomach.