Part 2. "N*gga We Made It!"

The drive was long as hell and Sheyaa blew my phone up the whole time. The last message he sent said something about how he'd have his family in Baton Rouge track my every move till I answered. After a while I just turned my phone off and used Von's for entertainment when him and our momma switched turns driving. Her house was already furnished when we arrived. It was my first time seeing it and it was huge, bigger and nicer than anywhere we had lived before. Dayvon and mines, which was a 4 bedroom two bathroom that was behind her house was also nice. It was nowhere near as big as our moms, though.
"I'm gonna pay someone to come in and set up your stuff. They were supposed to do it today but you know we just now getting y'all things here. Until then, y'all got rooms in my house that you can stay in." Momma said, dragging her suitcase up the stairs to the house. It was dark at this point, 8:47 to be exact. We walked in behind our mom after she unlocked the door and looked around. The house reminded me of a lifetime movie set, it made me feel weird in a way, we had never lived like this before. My mom worked hard for us to get to this point. We came down for the summers or whenever she needed to restock her boutique, but we would always stay with grandma Nyla and granddaddy Damien. Von had come down with her a few months ago when she came to buy the house, so he just wasn't as astounded as I was, but he was still as proud of her as I was. His phone started to ring, taking me from my thoughts.
"Hello?" He answered out loud, moving the phone in front of his face instead of his ear.
"Hello? You made it yet?" The other person asked, I couldn't make out who it was because of all the music and commotion.
"Yeah. Just touched down. What's the word?" Von asked, making his way to sit in the living room. I followed him.
"It's hella parties tonight, you should slide for real." By now I recognized the voice as Melly. We'd known him for as long as I could remember, our grandparents fostered him after his mom got locked up when he was four and he's just been family since. When his mom did end up being released, he stayed with our nyny and papa because they were all he knew.
"Send me yo lo, imma come see what the hype about."
"Bet." I heard the three beeps meaning the call was disconnected. DayDay looked over at me.
"You wanna go to a party?" I looked at him and frowned.
"When have I ever went to a party?" He shrugged, looking at his phone.
"You don't, but how you expect to meet new people if you just in the house. I already got my group here, now you need to find one." I rolled my eyes and plopped down next to him. I would always stay under nyny or work the boutique with our mom while he was out with his people so I never had the chance to meet anyone. Now that we're here for good it would be a good idea to, but I just wasn't a people's person, I barely had friends back home.
"I don't need to do shit but stay black and die, Von." He smacked his lips.
"Shit like that is why Yeen got no friends now." He said. We both laughed.
"So are you going? You know I ain't gone let nothin' happen to you if that's what you scared of." I thought it over for a second. I did just buy a lot of outfits with nowhere to wear them to.
"Yeah, imma go." He smiled and dapped me up.
"Look at you growing up, but you ain't have a choice honestly."