Part 3. Party in the USA

I went and got ready. I didn't want to do too much so I just threw on some black cargos and a red crop top. I threw on my black, red, and white dunks. I grabbed my backpack and my black varsity jacket and went down stairs. Von was wearing a blue polo jacket, a white tee, and black skinny jeans. He had took his locs back down and put a blue fitted on turned to the back. He looked over at me.
"You ready?" He asked, grabbing his keys off of the kitchen island.
"Yeah." He looked at what I was wearing.
"You nervous?" He asked, walking towards the front door.
"Hell yeah." Before he made it to the door I stopped him, taking my bookbag off my back and shaking it in front of him. He facepalmed.
"Aw shit, I forgot." He lifted his shirt and jacket revealing his gun in his waistband before he went upstairs to get his other two. He brought the pistols down and dropped them in the bag.
"They both on safety. If anything happens you know to use the 19 and-"
"And the 23 is for just in case. I know, Day." He patted my head and we walked out. As we drove out of the neighborhood, I took in the rest of the city. I connected my Bluetooth and played Sheyaa and Von's song Don't Play That. They both made music and I liked Dayvon's part, I wasn't gonna let Sheyaa ruin it for me.

"She fell in love with a shooter,
I caught that girl playin with my glock
She askin me "what is Tooka?"
Just know that we smoke em a lot."

I rapped along, taking his phone and logging into my Snapchat to record videos.

"I take off my shirt when I'm hot
I'm quick to spin down your block
Can't stop cause 12 too hot"

I recorded me and Von, he took out his gun pointing it at the camera, then leaned into the camera to show off his chain and grills. I held up a peace sign and ended the video before posting it and logging back out. I looked back outside and we were in a completely different neighborhood. It wasn't the hood but it wasn't like the suburbs where we lived either. It was kind of in between. We pulled down a dead end road and the whole street was lined with cars. You could hear music and see lights down the whole block as if every house was throwing its own kick back. Von parked at the house on the end of the street and pulled out his phone calling Melly.
"Aye folks, I'm outside."
"I'm finna come scoop you."
"Bet that." He hung up the phone and turned to me.
"Ight, you never been to a party so here's a quick run down. If niggas start acting like they wanna fight or it's too much yelling going on try to get as far away from the house as you can. Don't look for me just go, we'll meet at the McDonald's around the corner." I nodded, waiting on him to go on.
"If any girls start looking at you crazy just do what you been doing, if they try to fight tell em they can't fight a switch." I laughed and he continued.
"It's gone be niggas in yo face and a lot of em gone get mad if you don't feed into they game. They might try to get crazy with you, I won't be far from you but if you can't find me, up the pole on they ass and see how straight they act. The last thing is, make friends or try to. I won't leave you by yourself too long but I am gone duck off a few times." I nodded again and he held out his fist for our fist bump. I gave him one and by then Melly was standing at the car window with his big ass crazy smile. We got out and they dapped eachother up. He came over to hug me.
"Wassup, LaLa!" I hadn't seen him in person since the last time we came for the summer which was years ago. I hugged him back.
"Hi, Mel." He looked me up and down.
"You grew up on me, sis. I'm gone have to shoot these niggas in here, ain't I?" He asked laughing. He probably was gonna try to do that anyway. Me and Von both laughed as we made our way into the house. Von was speaking to people while we crossed the yard, I didn't know he knew that many people here. As soon as we opened the door to the house a wave of weed smoke and the smell of liquor washed over me. The living room was full of people, it seemed as though the whole house was. It was a lot of people staring at us. I tightened my grip on my backpack as we walked past a group of boys who were mugging Von and Melly as we made our way into the kitchen. I sat on the counter and Von made himself a drink. Some girls came up to Melly asking them to ask his friends to take a shot. One of the girls was cute as fuck to me, she was short and skinny with long curly hair. She had a lot of piercings in her face and her makeup was kinda grunge styled, I like it I think that it's different. We stared at eachother and I could've sworn I seen sparks fly around her head.
"Aye?" I called to her, waving her over. She smiled at me, showing a set of pretty white teeth with a smiley right in the middle.
"What's up, honey?" Walking up standing in between my legs and looking up at me. I could see Von and Melly out of the corner of my eye looking at me grinning like fools.
"What's your name?" I asked, looking down at her. She held up a bottle svedka blue raspberry, the seal was still on it.
"I'll tell you if you take a shot." She said, her grin never leaving her face. I smiled back, taking the bottle from her and cracking the plastic open. I held my head back and poured a mouthful of the liquor, shaking my head as it went down. I passed the bottle back to her.
"Now tell me." I said, a slight aggression tainting my voice. She looked at me surprised.
"It's Maria, but you can call me Rico. Really just Ms. Nasty." She said, looking up at me through hooded eyes. I laughed.
"I think I like Rico, better, Ms. Nasty." I said leaning my body back on the cabinet behind me, feeling the liqour run through me.
"What about you? What's yours?" She asked me leaning forward and putting her elbows on my thighs while holding her head in her hands.
"Isla Dior, baby. Just Isla, though." She tilted her head, taking a shot herself.
"I like you, Isla. I don't know, I think I'm gonna call you mine or something like that." I heard Von say "ooh" under his breath while looking at me still cheesing.
"Yeah, I think we gone get along just fine Rico." Me and her held conversation and took a few shots until her friend group wrangled her up to go to another area of the party. Von and Melly both smiled at me like two kids who just found out you have a crush. I held my hand up.
"Don't start, she started flirting with me." I said fanning them off.
"Yeah, and how you gone go about telling her you don't like girls?" Melly asked, crossing his arms at me. I shrugged.
"I'm probably never gonna see that girl again. And I do like girls I'm just careful how I pick em, unlike y'all." I said. By this point, Von was rolling a wood beside me on the counter.
"Let's not talk about knowing how to pick girls. The last girl you called yourself talking to was hit as fuck and had mileage like a 97' PT Cruiser." Von said to me. I choked on my spit. I know he wasn't talking about my old thang when his latest fling ain't all that.
"The farm called, the chickens said tell Asian they want they legs and hips back." Von was taking a pull from the wood. He coughed on the smoke and we all busted out laughing.
"Aye you got me there I ain't gone lie, sis. I won't say nun else about lil hot wheels." I laughed and pushed him. I dropped down from the counter and smoothed my clothes down. I looked at the boys.
"I'm finna walk around, see what the rest of the party looking like." Von held the blunt towards me.
"Here, hit this a few times cause I ain't rolling shit else till we get home probably." I stood there and hit it and waited to feel the high come over my body before pulling from it again and passing it to Melly.
"You know the rules, La." Von said. I nodded to him and he nodded back. I took off out of the kitchen and into the living room, bumping into a few people as I went. I was really trying to find Rico again so I could have somebody to hang with when Von "ducked off". The house was pretty big so the living room was a task to cross. There was people lining the stairs so I just walked up there, looking for somewhere to duck off to myself.