Part. 8

I sat up and made my way into Von's room to borrow his purple polo zip up. I would wear what I already have on but dressing comfortably on the first outing wouldn't be a good impression in my eyes. I went back to my room to find some black biker shorts, some black socks with purple flames and my purple crocs. I threw the clothes on before looking in the mirror trying to decide what to do to my hair. I played around with it for a bit before just leaving it down how it was, a mess of curls. I grabbed a purse a put the 19 and my wallet in it before getting the car keys and heading out. Kentrell told me not to bring my money, but I always do just in case he's doing all of this for some pussy, that way I can just pay him back what I owe with no further expectations. I got in the car, starting it and trying to connect my music when another call came through. It was Sheyaa. I fought myself for a minute internally before finally giving in and answering the FaceTime.
"Hello?" I asked, attitude lacing my voice. He looked down at the phone, looks like we're doing the same thing, getting ready to go somewhere. He blew a puff of smoke down at the camera and grinned.
"Where you going lookin good and shit?" He asked, taking another pull from the blunt. I looked back at him uninterested.
"What do you want, Shey?" He pouted.
"That ain't no way to treat yo man, baby." He said in a fake sad tone. Frowning, I sat my phone in its holder. I got a notification from Kentrell, he sent his location and I put it in the gps.
"Yeah, that's why I'm treating you like that. What you want?" I started the car and pulled out. Sheyaa smacked his lips.
"I miss you. And I'm sorry for treating you the way I did. I was wrong and I want you to come back to me. I'm gone be good this time, forreal, bae." There was something about Sheyaa telling me a lie that always made me laugh, but this time it wasn't funny at all. This time I had to stand on what I said period, because we're not even in the same state any more, that's more of a reason for him to keep doing what he usually does with no remorse, it's not like he had any when I was there to begin with and more of a reason for me to move on. I've heard a different variation of that same statement so many times before and folded only because why not? I knew that I would see him sooner or later. Why deal with the emotions of having to stay away from him when I knew I would still see him eventually?
"You need to stop calling and texting me, Sheyaa. I'm done with the whole situation. Just do you like you been doing and leave me alone, why is that so hard for you? It's no real reason for us to even be fucking with eachother when I'm here and you're there, you won't even know what I'm doing half the time." I stated as I watched the gps.
"I just wanted to talk to my baby, mane. What you being so hard on a Nigga for? I apologized, you can't accept it?" He asked. As bad as I wanted to give into him, there isn't any salvaging the relationship and I know that. I could take his apology and run with it, but it's the same every time and I can't keep doing it.
"No, Sheyaa, I'm done." I could see him shifting in the seat as he started rolling another blunt, he wasn't even paying attention to the phone.
"Damn, that nigga you posted got your head gone like that already? What he do in a night that I ain't do in three years? I promise he just fucking with you to fuck on you." I had to stop myself from laughing. As if that's not what he was doing himself. He wasn't calling to get me back, he was calling to figure out about Kentrell. I honestly can't believe that I'm going back and forth with this man when I'm on my way to the man that he's worried about in live time. I decided I was gonna have some fun with this, but I was down the street from Kentrell's house now and I didn't want to pull up still on the phone with this man.
"Why you worried bout me and my one nigga when you could be worried about you and your fifty bitches, Shey? And what makes you think it was just one night?" I asked, pulling into the driveway and parking the car.
"Yo heart was too soft for me to ever cheat, it still is now. You just wanna act like you don't give a fuck and try to forget me but I ain't gone let you. You mines for life, them other bitches don't mean nothin'." I ignored his statement entirely. I cut the car off and unbuckled my seatbelt, grabbing my phone out of the holder and my purse.
"Don't call me again, I'm serious. Go bother someone else. Like your bitch Amber said, I'm not all that to be tripping over, go pick her instead." And I ended the call. I can't let him get under my skin.