Chapter 26

Kage's P. O. V:

I enter my estate later that night, in the black hours of the morning, after I'd gotten back from my mission. It was silent, a single light left on for me.

I know then that my wife, Rin and our daughter, Izumi, will be asleep. I got married to the priestess the year after Yosei ran away from me. Of course, I never told her nor my daughter about what I did. And I don't plan to.

I lock the door behind me before I get some leftover dinner and heat it up. I eat it before I wash up the dishes.

I sit on the couch for awhile, lost I thought.

I'm still amazed by Yosei's beauty, and how much stronger she's grown since we reunited all those years ago.

I smirk to myself as I chuckle.

I saw the Fairy Hashira in the marketplace with Tomioka earlier this afternoon. A frown appears on my features as I remember the way she'd moved closer to him when they left.

Now she seems to have a bodyguard with her at all times. I'll have to find some way to deal with Tomioka. As long as he's around, I definitely won't be able to get to Yosei, despite the fact I have seven more years of experience up my sleeve.

Then there's the problem of Oyakata-sama constantly watching me like a hawk.

I'm always going to be loyal to him and the fight against those vermin known as demons, but l can't do it without the Fairy Hashira. I don't even want her to share her powers with anyone else. I had Yosei first, after all.

I still cannot comprehend why she's so overprotective of that half blood girl, Nezuko Kamado. I thought I taught Yosei that all demons are our enemies.

It would seem as though she's forgotten since Sakonji Urokodaki took her in and stole Yosei from me.

I remain on the couch for awhile as I try to think of ways to steal Yosei-chan back without the Master or Tomioka interfering.

Yosei's P. O. V:

"Tsukino has been around Headquarters quite a lot lately, hasn't he?" Kocho asks as we sit on her back porch, green tea between us.

"Huh? Oh, yeah," I say absentmindedly. I sip some o my tea. I'm dressed in a yellow kimono, my brown hair in a braid.

"Tsukino usually stays away from Headquarters, but not since the trial. Kind of strange, don't you think?" Kocho asks, before sipping her tea.

"Y-Yeah. It is." I don't meet her gaze. The only reason he's been hanging around Headquarters more is because he's watching me. I flick my gaze around as I eat some tamagashi, thinking the Eclipse Hashira might be in the garden hiding somewhere.

"Are you alright, Senshi?" Asks Kocho, regaining my attention. "You seem a bit jumpy lately."

"Oh, I'm fine, Kocho. Really. C-Can we talk about something else?"

She grins as she asks, "How are things between you and Tomioka?" I was surprised by the sudden change in topic.

"Wh-Why would you ask that?" I stutter in surprise, a lush on my cheeks.

"Well, you have been staying at his estate the last couple of weeks, right?" She says teasingly. "I want to know the details! Have you two finally confessed yet?"

I reply as I avert my gaze, "N-No. and there's nothing to tell. Giyu-kun just doesn't want me living on my own at the moment because he's worried about me. So he offered let me stay at his estate for awhile."

"Why's that? What's going on, Senshi?" The Insect Hashira wants to know.

I struggle to answer as I don't want anyone else involved in this. I was saved, however, by the Water Hashira showing up before us.