Powers of Which They Know Not

A/N: These first two chapters were introductory and will receive a rewrite when the story is finished.

x-X-x

With an ever soft crack, similar to his disapparition in the alley under the cover of night, the Prince and the hopeful new addition to his household landed in the middle of his chambers. They were relatively small, but the black and red Targaryen sigil over the bed and red myrish drapes on the windows did everything it could to make the solar seem homely.

A bed larger for a grown man sat in the northwest corner with black linens and a red dragon in the middle. Golden trinkets littered the shelves, ebony coloured cupboards with embedded dragons carved into the wood stuck on the wall had given the room an efficient feel to it.

While Maeve was looking around the room slowly perusing the odd objects and gazing at the baroque tapestries, Haedryn took his time to clean his clothes of the blood that he unfortunately caught on his garb. Simple vanishing charms and Scrougifys, while the task was tedious he was trying to take his time and be logical about a certain conundrum.

Can he tell his family about his magic?

It would be a gamble, he's not an idiot, he understands the entirety of King's Landing and the Red Keep is a cesspool of backstabbing snakes. He just doesn't know when he should reveal it it to them. He trusts his sworn shield of course, Maeve was a special woman in her own right and he doesn't think she would sell him out for anything, maybe.

There's a game being played everywhere for standings and favours, marriages and alliances, assassinations and plots. The only way for ascension is to play it, whether you want to or not if you are dragged into it you have to participate, no discussion. You win or you die.

He was gonna win, he was going to stride to make himself a force to be reckoned with, he's gonna have to use everything he has at his disposal for the great game. That starts by showing people what he can really do.

The young Prince is taking off his tunic and boots on the bed as he spots Maeve still walking through his chambers, it wasn't small, but it wasn't the most spacious. It was just neat and had shelves lined with books and his little transfigurations.

Cupboards full of different things from jewels, to knives, and his starting for a snake habitat. He misses his old familiar, Selene, a basilisk hatchling that was slimmer than most but really what did he have it to compare to? Her mother was over a thousand years old. Even if he couldn't find a basilisk here, a venomous snake would work fine too. Bringing his attention back to his plus one he figures he should start off her employment kindly.

"Go in that cupboard and pull the velvet wrap from inside." Haedryn said yawning leaning back on the headboard nearest the corner and pointing to one of the cupboards, that one had a small white ashen handle in the shape of half a heart.

He's had a pretty alright day but the small body he currently inhibited wasn't meant for such extraneous tasks for an extensive duration. "You can take whatever you want if you want to wear something. I'll ask my mother if she could have her handmaidens make you some dresses...or I might just have a tailor come in for you. Depends on how she takes to it really..." he drawls off again, for the second time tonight.

"Thanks Hae." the older woman tried speaking more casually with a genuine smile, he had said he wanted a friend, friends don't speak to eachother with such formality. Her positive attitude paid off if the wide smirk from Haedryn was any indication.

When Maeve strided towards the cupboard that Haedryn pointed out to her, she runs her fingers over the polished ebony wood and carved in dragon heads. 'What detailed woodcraft...' she pondered to herself. She has apparently had her fill of the pseudo art and starts opening the minute door from the white handle.
The first thing she sees is a medium sized rectangle box about six inches of height, and twelve inches of length wrapped into a deep purple velvet-like wrap similar to what one would wrap a picnic basket in.