Scrying Shadows with Motherly Inability

x-X-x

Red Keep

He opened Nyra's wide chamber entrance and slipped out as quietly as he could. Ser Harwin stood at her door, a faithful sentinel who upholstered his duty accordingly at all times.

"Harwin, you've been 'lright?"

The Strong knight dipped his head and upper body slightly before responding to the man's inquiry.

"All has been well, my Prince. I assume you have been informed of the incident in the training yard?"

The Prince shook his head, "No—I'm guessing that you know the truth of it?"

Ser Harwin gave a sigh and nodded, he then went into the tale of Ser Criston's plight to sow discord even further, pitting Jacaerys and Aegon against each other. Then how when Aegon began attacking relentlessly; Jace responded with accidental magic, blew Alicent's son into a rack of weaponry that then cut the Prince sharply down the arm. Harwin ended with Aegon retaliating and breaking his nose, even Aemond and Jaegon looked as if to fight one another.

It was concerning really, the antagonistic relationship between their uncles will eventually cascade into more as they get older unless it is ceased immediately, while he fully planned on shutting the opposition down accordingly, it seems outside influences are trying to move the schedule forward.

"Thank you Ser Harwin, for assisting them and looking out for them these past years, and my sister." Haedy patted him on the shoulder twice.

"It is an honour, my Prince, there is no one else I would rather serve." The curly brown haired knight gave a nod, Haedy doing the same before he turned and began to walk towards the King's chambers.

The castle has not changed much in the months he has been absent, maybe an extra seven pointed star or two but nothing out of the ordinary, Targaryen insignia and tapestries were still strong on the long hallways of Maegor's Holdfast. Servants bowed their heads at his nonchalant stroll through the Keep, as he was acknowledging them back.

The walk was shorter than he anticipated but he believes he still made good time. Sers Harrold and Arryck stood guard at his door, their shining silver Kingsguard armour did its best to make them look intimidating, Hae put his hands in his pockets as he walked towards them.

"Ser Harrold, Arryck," the Prince said in a neutral voice, the knights corrected their rested posture.

"Prince Haedryn," they said after one another.

The Westerling knight—"Do you wish to speak with his Grace, my Prince?"

"I do."

Then Arryck Cargyll's voice rang from the other door's edge, "King Viserys is currently meeting with the Lord Hand, perhaps their discussion shall dwindle soon, your Grace." Haedy listened and honestly he knew his father probably would not cut conversation for him—but still allow him in.

So he shrugged with his shoulders and responded, "It is fine Sers, just inform my father that I wish to see him."

Ser Arryck just nodded and spoke through the door of the Prince's request to the King. After a second, a muffled "I will see him," came from the closed door.

With the knight's lowered head, Ser Harrold opened the door and gave a "My Prince" as he trudged inside.

The first sight Haedy saw was the King and Lord Lyonel seated near his ongoing project of the city. His painted pieces and molds scattered about the very large table that had surely come along well. "Father, Lord Hand."

The King was jovial in the surprise visit from his second eldest, he was aware he had arrived but did not expect his swift entrance of the keep, his son was always one for a horse ride from the dragonpit. Lord Lyonel gave Prince Haedryn a low bow and his title of acknowledgment.