Proactivity is Essential

x-X-x

Pentos

Prince Daemon sat at a light brown desk in the expansive library. Candlelight highlighted the ancient binders on the old texts of yellowed parchment. The read was dull, mainly perusing through the Targaryen tales of old. The newest of his reads is the floral history of the Valyrian Freehold, skimmed words. His wife was currently trying to persuade him to go to Driftmark or visit her cousin in King's Landing. Rhaenyra was there for the birth of her twins, and she wants her to be present for their newest babe.

"What reasons do you have to sit here for so long? We have been isolated from everyone for years Daemon. Stuck here when our girls were young so you could fight your life away, gone for months at a time to attempt to live out the days of the Freehold," a heavily pregnant Laena heatedly questioned her husband.

She genuinely had no qualms about being on dragonback so close to her term. Though she would have to make an alacrity decision for the birth of their child, reaching their peak in her womb was ever quickening, most likely reaching its end within the week.

"You know why I've been venturing, and away from our daughters. So they do not have to muck around looking for an army and support when the tides change in Westeros. Peace is dwindling, if we do not work towards the future in the present, we will have lost already. Besides, your brother was arriving within the week, is he not?"

The Prince looked towards his wife, exasperated in her piercing violet gaze, though Daemon really had no negatives to going to that snakepit of a city.

His children could bond with their cousins for a while, Laena would be able to give birth safely, no question his brother would allow the handmaidens and maesters to aid her with their expertise.

"I want to leave, Daemon, and you know that is not the same," she vehemently stated once more. "Haedryn sent everyone back to their respective posts months ago, let the fight go, at least for a while, husband."

She stalked closer slowly to rest her hands on his shoulders.

Daemon stayed silent as he leaned forward while wrapping his hands around her large stomach and placed two soft kisses to her middle. A heavy sigh blew from his lips, Daemon looked up through his lashes and she knew that she had him then.

"If the girls are not adverse then I shall not be either," he spoke softly.

He stood and moved his arms around her waist, one hand traveled up her side and bosom to lift her chin to plant a wet kiss to her lips. She wanted more and wrapped her arms around his shoulders to pull him closer, deepening their intimate moment and reciprocated adoration.

He loved his wife, while yes ,she was never his first choice. He would do nothing different for she was one of the strongest women he knew, and she had given him perfect children with one more on the way, Baela and Rhaena could do no wrong in his eyes. Even though his second daughter was a more sullen child early on.

Rhaena was given a pink dragon egg about three years ago that had a dark black spiral pattern stemming from the tip, it was from Haedy, that hatched a year ago. Her first dragon egg hatched disgustingly, it was sickly and died within the hour, his daughter's hope for herself decreased immensely. When he brung the matter up to his nephew, Haedy said he would find an egg for her to hatch.

He was not as ignorant as to not believe there were more adrift eggs in the world, he is perhaps positive the Iron Bank had a few in their possession. Essos itself was broad. Or Kinvara laid a clutch. The how was not the matter, he was just grateful.

He then explained that he gave an egg to one of Alicent's children and Daemon was less than amused to know he gave them means to a dragon that would assuredly be used against them. His nephew was adamant that they would decide when the time comes what to do with Aemond, the reason was still lost on Prince Daemon but he tolerated it and accepted the words.