Chapter Two

Engfa's Pov

As soon as the sun rose, I packed my bag with only my necessities and a gun just in case then, headed to the forest on the map.
It was a really long way. I grabbed my bike and then went on a very long journey.
I had put a secret hidden camera on my house because I knew the government wouldn't stay quiet about this matter.
After 1 hour, I got a notification on my phone through the surveillance camera that someone had entered the house.
I stopped my bike and looked at the video. There were two men fully clothed in black. They were searching around the house, not knowing I had installed a camera in there. I smiled at their foolishness and then again started my bike.
I turned off my phone so that they couldn't track me. I am determined to fix or at least save the mistake my grandfather did.
All the way, I had this thought.
What will I do if I see her ?
What will I say to her ?
Will she leave me alive or kill me the moment she sees me.
Well, whatever she does, I will accept it as my fate. After what my grandfather did to her, I don't think she will accept my apology, but at least I'll have to take her somewhere safe.

After a 5-hour long journey, I came across an abandoned building.
It was dark outside, so I decided to enter there. I still didn't turn on my phone as it could be tracked. I went inside it and looked around for someone, but it was really abandoned. It was a big building with a swimming pool.
The lights were, however still on.
I wore my hoodie and a mask to cover myself just in case this place had some cameras.
I went near the swimming pool and saw some trail of blood. It looked very old and was already dry, but the stain remained. I then entered the building next to it. It looked like a lab or something. As soon as I entered there, there was a foul smell. I covered my mouth and nose. The smell was disgusting, I almost threw up. I looked around the lab and saw many chemicals there. I recognised many chemicals as well because I always used to be in my grandfather's lab. Suddenly, my leg hit on something. I looked down and jumped scared. There was a rotten skeleton. It was in such a bad condition.
Someone must've killed the person and left this place. But who could this person be, and why were they killed ?
As I took some pictures of it from my cameras, I noticed something. There was a diary on the table side. I wore my gloves and opened it and saw my grandfather's handwriting.
He had written about his experiment he was doing. I knew it that it was the same experiment he had told me about.
I couldn't take the diary with me, so I took photographs of it's every single page. I then searched the lab a little more and found traces of torture.
There were chains and guns in there.
The gun hadn't been used, but the chains were used. I can say that by the blood stains on it.
Then I suddenly remembered that this was the same place, my grandfather did that.
This is the place where the girl was tortured and turned into a mermaid.
By the marks on all over the floor, I felt very sorry for her. I walked outside the building near the pool and went closer to the blood stains from earlier.
That must've been when she was injected sleeping pills. I suddenly felt like crying my heart out.
I just felt so bad for the girl.
I didn't even realise that I felt asleep while crying.
I woke up as soon as the sun rose.
I had now made up my mind to reach her this same day.
I went to my bike and started it.

After 15 minutes, I found a petrol station and filled up my tank.
I even took some extra with me.
I then drove off. After 3 more hours, I reached the forest on the map.
I hid my bike in some bushes and then walked to the destination.
After several minutes, I came across a huge wall. It had electrical power.
I knew that I had to pour my blood in it for it to open. I pulled out a dagger from my pocket and slit my finger.
I poured my blood in the wall and waited for it to open. It did open, and I was glad that it did.
I entered it, and then the wall again closed behind me.
I looked around and saw that the place was beautiful. It looked like someone used to take care of it every day.
As I was wandering around it, I heard sounds of the waterfall.
I walked towards it, with the gun ready just in case.
After some minutes, I came across a waterfall. It was majestic.

As I walked past the waterfall, I noticed something on the water. I peeked into the water and then suddenly something jumped away from me. I was shocked.
It was a tail that I saw. I know that it was her. I tried to call her but there was no movement. I noticed that I had guns and daggers in my hands that could have scared her.
I took off my jacket, placed my bag on the grounds, threw the gun and daggers on the ground, and then went to sit near the water. I sat at the bank of the water, calmly.
"Listen, I know you are in there. Please trust me, I am not here to harm you. I am here to help you instead. You are in danger again and it is all because of my grandfather. He was the one who did all of this to yo-," but before even, I could finished what I was saying, someone grabbed me and pinned me to the ground. I opened my eyes and saw it was her. That's when I locked eyes with her.
She was beautiful. Her Hazel eyes were filled with hatred and fear. I looked down and saw that she really had tail instead of the legs. It was not scary at all. She had literally formed a tail, a beautiful one. It was bright blue in colour.
I looked up again and found her already staring at me.
She leaned closer to me. She was so close that there was barely any gap between us. I gulped nervously.
I must've forgot to tell you guys this but, I am gay.

"I am not here to harm you,"  I told her.
She didn't say a word and just kept staring at me.
No matter how hatred those eyes had, I still knew that there were a lot of tears inside it.
She didn't harm me and pulled away then, again went to the water.
I needed a full minute to process what was happening around me.
I was just pinned on the ground by a mermaid.
I stood up and then again went to sit at the bank of the water.
This time she didn't hide but, just kept looking at me from distance.
"I won't hurt you," I told her.
She just looked away with tears in her eyes. I knew that it was hard for her to trust anyone after what had happened.

"Listen, I know what my grandfather did was wrong. Very wrong and I hate him for this and I won't force you to believe me either but, you are in a very big danger. They are coming to get you and if they get their hands on you, you'll go through hell," I tried reasoning her.
"And why should I believe you ?" She asked.

"Oh my god, you can talk ?" I questioned.