Chapter Seven.

Engfa's Pov

I woke up expecting her to be beside me, but she wasn't. I immediately panicked and looked for her.
I called her but there was no answer.
Then suddenly I heard some strange noises from outside.
I thought Charlotte might be in trouble and rushed outside.
As I came outside, I saw some dragging marks on the ground. There was some blood as well. Immediately, my heart was beating very fast, and I followed the marks.
It led me inside the forest. The more I  was into the forest, the more blood I saw.
Then suddenly the trail ended and now there was no lead. Where should I go ???
As I was thinking, suddenly a screaming noise came. I immediately rushed towards the direction from where the sound was coming.
I hid myself behind the bush and peeked.

"You're annoying," a familiar voice said.
I looked closer and saw that it was Charlotte. Charlotte was standing protectively while two people were on the floor. They were bleeding very badly. They were asking for her forgiveness, but she didn't listen to them and just laughed.
"Please let us go," one of them begged.
"Why would I ?" She asked, bending herself and leaning closer to him.
Then suddenly her nails were getting longer and longer with each second.
Her eyes turned red, and then she scratched his body. He was seriously injured by it.
He was bleeding uncontrollably while his companion screamed in fear.
Charlotte turned her attention to the screaming one and grabbed his neck, lifting him up in the air.
I was terrified. The way Charlotte slammed him on the ground, making him die immediately, scared the shit out of me.
The other one also died from excessive bleeding.
I mistakenly stepped on a dry leaf.
She heard the noise and turned towards me. I bent down to avoid getting caught.
I looked up after some time, but she wasn't there.  She was nowhere to be seen. I thought she must've gone back and sighed in relief.
But as I turned back, she was staring at me. Her eyes were now normal , but yet they were scary. Blood was dripping from her hands. I stepped back as she stepped forward.
I tripped on the bush and fell off.
I closed my eyes, thinking I would injure myself, but I was caught.
I knew it was her, so I didn't open my eyes as I was terrified.
"You can open your eyes, I won't harm you," she said.
Now her voice was like before, then I opened my eyes slowly and there she was already looking at me.
Now her eyes were dreamy just like before.  "Let's go, shall we ?" She said, lifting me up and taking me back to the house.
"Let go," I yelled at her throughout the way, but she didn't even listen.
Finally, after we reach the house, she placed me on the sofa.
"What was that ?" I ask her.
She knew what I was asking about, and she tried to change the subject, but I was not going to be distracted.
Finally, she gave up and told me that they were from the government and wanted to kill us.
"Before they could harm you, I killed them," she said, looking at my eyes.

"But how did you get so much power ?
How were you able to tame an unknown horse ??
How were you able to find me ??
How were you able to cure me with just a kiss ??
How were you able to kill them so brutally ??" I asked her all in one go.
She sighed and sitted beside me on the sofa.
"I'll tell you, but promise me that you won't leave me," she said, almost begging me.
"I-i-I promise," I said, and she began her story.

"Almost hundreds of years ago, when mermaids and humans would stay together in peace and harmony -" 
she was saying, but I interrupted her immediately.
"Hundreds of years ??? You probably should only be 80 yrs at maximum,"  I tried to tell her.
She laughed at me.
"Darling, I am a real mermaid," she said, placing her hand on my thighs.
"Off course not, you were the victim of my grandfather's science experiment," I tried to reason her, pulling my thighs away from her.
"The one your grandfather made died.
She died very helplessly. Poor thing, I tried to save her, but it was against the nature so, she died. No one can reverse the nature," she told me, making me more confused.
"So, the one I was supposed to save already died ??" I asked her.
"Yess, she died," she told me.
Her voice was so real that I immediately started to cry.
"Poor thing !!" I said as I cried for the unknown human, I thought I was saving.
"Then who are you ?" I asked her again.
"First, promise me to not disturb me and listen to me until I finish," she said.
I simply nodded, and she started again.