Chapter 7

The next day I'm still not in the mood to do something. So I'm not going to my lessons. I know my father will be really angry about this, but I don't care. I turn on my music and stare at the ceiling. The emptiness is still all around. Why Chloe did this? She's such a bitch. First she kisses me and then she has a boyfriend. Well, that's no problem. I never needed her or anyone or anything but my music. She can do whatever she wants to do, but I'm not longer part of this dark twisted game. She just should keep in mind: there's nothing I do better than revanche. Even when I have to leave the Bellas because of this, I'll get revanche. I just don't know how, but I'll find a way.
*bling* my phone rings. I have a new message from Jesse.
"You have some time? Don't break my heart and say no!"
I read the message again. And again. That's it! I can also play this game. Jesse is the perfect solution for me. So I leave the room and go to the big meadow in the courtyard of the University where I see Jesse sitting in the grass.

"What's up, weirdo?"

"Becca, thanks for coming. I was scared to be all alone. So I just thought about something. As much as I love spending time with you stacking CDs...and I do. I love it, like more than life. I figured we could do some other fun things that don't make us wanna kill ourselves, right?"

"Yeah, I think so."

"So, brought some movies. Jaws, E.T., The Breakfast Club, Star Wars and Rocky. Best scored and soundtracked movies of all time. That's what I wanna do when I grow up. I wanna score movies. Bring people to tears, you know. Blow their minds. I feel like only music can do that."

"Yeah. You must really sweep your girlfriend off her feet."

That's the perfect change to check him out.

"I don't have a girlfriend?"

Yes! That's my chance.

"What?"

"No."

"You have juice pouches and Rocky."

I say, raising my eyebrows.

"Okay, so what do you wanna watch first?"

Is he really asking this? Does he try to watch a movie with me? Like an date? With me?!

"Wanna do something else? We could relive my parents' divorce. Or visit a gynaecologist."

"What, do you not like movies or something? Like any movies? You don't...What the hell is wrong with you? How do you not like movies? Not liking movies is like not liking puppies."

"They're fine. I just get bored and never make it to the end."

"The endings are the best part."

"They're predictable. Like, the guy gets the girl and that kid sees dead people and Darth Vader is Luke's father."

"Okay, right, so you just happen to guess the biggest cinematic reveal in history?"

""Vader" in Dutch means father. His name is literally "Darth Father.""

"Huh. So you know Dutch. Well now I know why you don't like fun things. You know, you need a movie education. You need a movie-cation. And I'm gonna give it to you."

"Yeah, in between Bellas rehearsals, which are always."

It feels like I don't have a life. Im running from one rehearsal to the next.

"Are you guys getting ready for the riff-off?"

"What the hell is a riff-off?"

"Come on Becca. A riff-off. All the a capella groups of the University will join in. We'll get an category, for example love songs and then you start to sing. If another group also knows a song of the category they can start to sing it, but they have to pick up the last word from the other group."

"I think I can do this. I mean mash ups are my thing. I know which songs matches."

"Maybe you should give me some mash up tutoring and I'll give you movie tutoring. I still can't believe that you don't like movies. Becca, believe me they are amazing."

"Yeah we should do this. What about tomorrow evening, after the riff off?"

"That would be great!"