Chapter 11

At the next day we're all driving together to the southeastern regional competition of a capella. We're wearing the traditional Bella clothes, which reminds me of stewardesses. The competition is in the Carolina University. Our goal is to rock the Lincoln Centre and win the international a capella championship. I'm not sure if this is also my goal. I know it's Chloes dream and I want to help her to make it come true. I'm still mad at her, but I can't stop my heart when she's near me. I can't stop looking at her the whole drive. I hope no one notice that, but even if anyone of them would, I wouldn't care. Before we leave the bus to go into the Carolina University I take a deep breath to come down. I'm really nervous.
From the backstage part I can hear the moderator welcome the audience.

"Welcome ladies and gentlemen. The 2012 southeastern regional competition has officially begun."

Before it's our turn a group, called Sockappellas perfom. I can't see much of their performance, because Aubrey wants us to make a small circle

"Hands in. Remember, "ahh" on three. One, two, three..."

We are all singing "ahh", but it still sounds terrible. Now it's our turn. We step on the stage and take ozr places. Aubrey starts

"One, two, three, four"

And we start to perform an arrangement of "the Sign" and "Eternal Flame". This is so lame. It's the same song as last year, but Aubrey never listens to me. After our performance the audience clab. I'm not sure if they really like it or just do it to be polite. The moderator goes on

"Thank you. Really incredible, ladies and gentlemen, the Bellas. Amazing. You know, there must be something in the water there at Barden University, cause this next group is also from Barden. Ladies and gentlemen, the Barden University Treblemakers."

The Treblemakers take place on the stage and perform "Right Round". I know Aubrey will hate it, but they're really good. We'll never have a chance against them if we keep singing this old songs. People want to hear something new!
After the Treblemakers performed the winner is pronounced.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the moment we've all been waiting for. The results of tonight's regional competition. In third place, the Sockappellas. In second place, and advancing to this years' semi finals, the Barden Bellas."

"Yeah!"

"Yes! Awesome!"

"Nice, nice."

We all start to carol.

"And the winner of tonight's regional competition, defending their crown, ladies and gentlemen, the Barden University Treblemakers!"

I knwe it! The Treblemalers only sing new song. We should also do this. Our chances would be so much better then.
As we leave we see the Treblemakers having stress with another group. It lokks like Jesse is involved. I go down to Jesse and the other man, who isn't much taller than me. He turns around and I slap him right in his face. Confused Jesse looks at me. From the bottom I can hear the man speaking

"Yes. Hit me. Please hit me!"

Sudenly Fat Amy stands next to me

"I've wrestled crocodiles and dingoes simultaneously."

"Come here!"

" Feel the Fat Amy force!"

"Amy, don't. Amy!"

I'm yelling at her

"Feel the fat power!"

"Fat Amy! Kick me in the balls!"

"Amy!"

"Give me the sharp weapon, I wanna put it up his butt!"

Amy graps the trophy of the Treblemakers. I don't want to give it to her. Otherwise she'll hurt this man really bad. Suddenly the trophy breaks and flies through the glass window, which is shattering it into pieces. I'm still holding the other half of the trophy in my hands. Amy starts running away.

"Amy."

I'm screaming through the room.

"Vertical running! I'm vertical running."

She replies and disappears in one of the corridors. In the next moment a policeman comes in and notices me, holding half of the trophy.

"Miss, I have to arrest you because of damage to property. Would you please follow me?"

"That wasn't me. It's a misunderstanding. It was an accident."

"You can tell me your story in the police department."

He lays one hand on my shoulder and guides me to his car. After a short drive, we reach the police department. He brings me to an room with another police man. He asks me a lot about what happened, but I'm not sure if they'll figure out the truth. After nearly one hour I'm finished with everything. I leave the police department and notice Jesse.

"Hey Hilary Swank from Million Dollar Baby."

"Hey, you know you just have to say, "Hey, Million Dollard Baby." You don't have to reference the specific actress."

I say laughing at him.

"Damn. Prison changed you."

"Thanks for bailing me out."

I wish Chloe would have bailed me out....but Jesse did. Maybe I should stop thinking about her and focus on Jesse.

"Well I didn't."

I look around and see my dad. What the fuck?

"You called my dad?"

"I know, I know, but they we putting you in handcuffs, Bec. It looked pretty serious."

Sure it looked serious. It was a misunderstanding. Really serious.

"That doesn't mean you call my dad."

I start yelling at him

"Who else was I gonna call? Okay, why are you yelling at me? I'm the only one here."

That's right, but if he is the only one I'd more prefer no one.

'I didn't ask you to be."

"I was just trying to help you."

"I don't need your help, you're not my boyfriend."

"Got it."

He turns away and goes. Well, he got it.

"Dad it's not a big deal."

"Yeah it is a big deal. I get a call in the middle of the night saying my daughter's been arrested for destruction of property."

"It was a misunderstanding and I was protecting my friends. I was putting myself out there. Making memories."

"If you think I'm paying for you to go to LA after a stunt like this, I'm not. Get in the car."

"You're not even gonna hear what I have to say about this?"

"No, not tonight. Just get in."

He seems really angry, but he never listens. He never gives me a chance to explain. He such an idiot. I wish no one would have come. I don't need Jesse or my father. I need no one!