Cg Dazai/Little Ranpo

"Ranpo, it's time for bed, Little One." Dazai told Ranpo, who was currently doing anything to try to get out of having to go to bed. "Nuh uh!" Ranpo argued back. He didn't want to go to bed. What he was doing now was fun! It was funny to Ranpo how Dazai was trying to convince him to go to bed. Why should he do that? Bed time is sooooo boring, and staying up was so fun! That was Ranpo's opinion.

Dazai's opinion, however, was different. He was tired and wanted to go to sleep himself. And in the morning, he would have to wake Ranpo up. Whether or not Ranpo was regressed was irrelevant. Ranpo would still be cranky either way if he didn't get enough sleep, and Dazai did not want to deal with a cranky Ranpo in the morning.

"Look. If you go to bed now, I can tuck you in with your favourite stuffie, I can read you a bedtime story, and sometime tomorrow, I will buy you some candy. Does that sound good?" Dazai compromised. As much as Ranpo wanted to disagree so that he could continue this game Dazai didn't even know he was playing, he had to agree. That was too good a deal for him to pass up. He got all that, if he just slept? Deal.

"Okay." Ranpo reluctantly agreed. "Great." Dazai said cheerfully. "Now come along, we need to get you ready for bed." Ranpo groaned but took Dazai's hand any way as they went off to get ready.

Eventually, Dazai had a now sleepy Ranpo tucked up snuggly in bed, stuffie clutched in his arms as Dazai started to read. When they were halfway through the book, Ranpo's eyes started to flutter shut as he fell asleep.

Dazai finished the book, placing it down on the bedside table. He made sure that the blanket was comfortably around Ranpo so that he wouldn't wake up cold in the middle of the night, and left the room, leaving the door slightly ajar so that light could still filter through.

When morning rolled around the corner, Ranpo was woken up by Dazai and the sweet scent of fresh waffles. Ranpo was still regressed, so he got even more excited about the sweet breakfast than he would have in his big headspace.

As they ate their waffles, Ranpo was rambling on about things, some words that Dazai could understand, and some words that were incoherent, but even so, Dazai stilled nodded along and engaged in whatever Ranpo was saying, encouraging him to continue rambling.

Once the waffles were finished, Dazai cleaned up the table, placing the plates in the sink, planning to wash them later. After both of them had gotten ready for the day, Dazai made his way to the front door. "Come on, Little Guy, let's go." He called Ranpo as he opened the door.

"Where we going?" Asked a confused looking Ranpo. "We're going to get you candy. Did you forget?" Dazai asked him with a slight teasing tone of voice. Ranpo's face immediately lit up as he shook his head. "Nuh uh. What candy we getting?" He asked Dazai, hopping excitedly from one foot to the other. "Any candy you want." Came Dazai's reply. "Any candy?" Ranpo asked, just to make sure. "Of course, Little One." Dazai replied.

Ranpo led Dazai to one of the biggest sweet shops that he knew existed, immediately rushing inside to browse the selection. There were so many choices! And they all looked so good! "Can we get this? Also this? Ooh! And this?!" He asked Dazai, pointing to nearly everything in the shop.

"We can't buy the whole stock, Little Guy. We're only buying what fits into one bag, okay?" Dazai reasoned. "Okay." Ranpo agreed, somewhat reluctant.

Ranpo took some sweets, then put other sweets back, trying to make space for the best ones in the bag. After a while, of this, he made his final decisions, and Dazai took the bag up to the counter to pay. He handed it back to Ranpo after they had left the shop, and Ranpo already started to eat some of the sweets. 'I must make sure he doesn't eat too many sweets all at once.' Dazai thought to himself.

I wonder if anyone can guess who my favourite characters are? Hint: There are three.