A First Time For Everything

After taking it all in, Mackenzie and Bluey decide to take a walk on the beach. As they walk, the waves persistently crash against the shore, revealing scattered seashells, and wiping away pawprints in a steady cycle. Bluey stops to pick up some of the shells, making sure to be quick as the tide is quick to reclaim the shells.

Bluey: "Look at this shell I found"

Mackenzie: "Wow, that's one of the biggest ones I've ever seen"

Bluey: "I wonder if I can hear the ocean"

And so, Mackenzie and Bluey admire the shells along the way, reverting back to a childish state, where everything is impressive. They continue their walk, reminiscent to Bluey of walks she would take on the beach with her mum when she was younger, until they reach the pier.

Mackenzie: "Look at those barnacles"

On the side of the pier, barnacles line the poles holding the structure up.

Bluey: "Oh Mackenzie, there's an ice cream shop up there, you wanna go?"

Mackenzie: "Uh I dunno, ice cream isn't exactly you know...healthy"

Bluey: "C'mon Mackenzie, lighten up, your on vacation"

Mackenzie: "Well, I guess one every once in a while isn't too bad"

Mackenzie and Bluey walk up to the big white building with a large mural on the side. The interior consists of black and white checkered floors and pink striped walls. A large menu showcases the parlor's many flavors.

Mackenzie: "Which flavor are you going to get?"

Bluey: "Probably birthday cake, how about you?"

Mackenzie: "Oh nice, I'll probably get cookies and cream"

Mackenzie orders the desserts before proceeding to eat outside, overlooking the scenic beach.

Mackenzie: "We should probably start to head back now, I don't want my parents to fret about us"

Bluey: "Alright, and how much for the ice cream?"

Mackenzie: "For the last time Bluey, I'll pay for everything"

Bluey: "Only if you insist..."

The duo head back to the condominium, readying for a new day ahead. With only two bedrooms, Bluey gets the bed, while Mackenzie sleeps on the couch.

The Next Day

Mackenzie and Bluey woke up early, eager to make the most of their time in New Zealand. The two made the decision to wait to go to the beach later, and decided to instead explore the nearby hiking trails and enjoy the scenic beauty of the countryside. Despite Mackenzie's injury, he was determined to make the most of their trip and didn't let his crutches slow him down.

Mackenzie's Mum: "Where are you guys going?"

Mackenzie: "Oh, just to view the country and see what we can get ourselves into. Can we please use the rental car?"

Mackenzie's Mum: "Sure, as long as you promise not to do anything else..."

Mackenzie: "Ew mum, you're weird"

Mackenzie's Dad: "Mackenzie...don't talk to your mum that way"

Bluey: "Trust me Mrs. Collie, I'll keep your son in line"

Mackenzie rolls his eyes.

Mackenzie's Mum: "Well you kids have fun"

Mackenzie: "Thanks mum, and we'll see you soon"