5

"lando, you better be ready to go." viola shouted from her bedroom as she finished doing her hair, and she was almost certain that he was sat on the spare bed scrolling through his instagram.

"viola, i've been ready for the past fifteen minutes waiting for you." lando's voice was getting closer to viola, basically telling her that lando was walking to her room.

"oh yeah i forgot about that." viola giggled, adjusting her necklace so it sat perfect on her chest, the piece of jewlerrh being a gift off of lando last year and she hasn't taken it off since.

"you still wear your necklace?" lando asked shocked, not expecting her to to still be wearing it after all this time.

"of course i do, i love it." viola instantly placed her hand over the necklace, twiddling it slightly with a beaming smile on her face. "are you ready to meet my family?"

"when you say it like that, it makes me nervous." lando admitted, the. formula one driver was never this nervous before getting into his car on a race weekend but going to meet violas family? he was shitting himself, to say the absolute least.

"i promise they'll love you, you have absolutely nothing to worry about." viola sent him a reassuring smile." and i hope you know that we will be doing lots of walking, there's so much i want to show you."

after making sure her suitcase was properly fastened shut, she dragged it off the bed and placed it on the floor with a huff, followed by a beaming smile. the pure excitement that cools displayed making lando smile lovingly at her as he wrapped his arm around her shoulder, pulling her body to his so he could kiss t he top of her head.

"do you want me to get your suitcase?" he offered, just like d every time they got onto or off of the plane, both of them knowing she was too small to reach the top of the top storage area.

"it's alright, my love, i've got it." the nickname she loved to use for him making his cheeks start to blush and the butterflies in his stomach to increase, even if he was somewhat used to her calling him that near enough every day. thinking she'd be perfectly alright to carry her suitcase down the stairs, viola lifted it like it was as light as a feather but once she did, she knew she wouldn't be able to do it. "on second thought, can you get it please?"

"can i just ask what you've got in there? we're only going for a few days." lando chuckled, feeling how heavy it was when he picked it up, and although he knew that she had to kneel in the suitcase to make sure it shut properly, he wouldn't have expected it to be this heavy.

"well yeah, i know that." the brunette woman playfully rolled her eyes, earning a light chuckle of lando. "but i have pyjamas, outfits for the day, kind of fancy outfits in case we go out for food, my toiletries, all my hair and makeup stuff and my beloved slippers."

you and your bloody slippers, it's almost as bad as your hat obsession." viola followed lando down the stairs, his arm muscles coming onto show and viola had the perfect view of them, her mind running wild with a million thoughts.

"leave my hats out of this, they're fashionable."

"are you sure about that, viola?"

"at least i can actually pull it off, unlike some." the young woman looked him up and down when he turned to face her, then both now at the bottom of the staircase, now fully ready to leave.

"i actually suit your ha, thank you very much." lando tried to defend himself, viola letting out a sarcastic laugh as she went through the bag  to check that she had everything she needed.

"a certain picture in my phone says otherwise."

"oi you told me you deleted that!"

"lando, you should know i never delete pictures of you, especially the ones you tell me to get rid of. it's also the picture that pops up when you phone me."