7

waking up the next morning to the sun rays shining through the window, due to viola and lando forgetting to shut the curtains before going to sleep, and the sound of the larks singing their sweet songs was a peaceful as it sounds. as always, viola was awake before lando, the young woman had always been an early riser even when she was in a different time zone; squinting her eyes as she opened them so she could adjust to the bright
sunlight, she felt a weight on her waist. lifting the bed quilt off of her body, she realised that it was lando's arm that was giving her extra weight, his arm curled around his waist with his hand sprawled across her stomach.

as it was summer and that meant that the sun would rise as early as five thirty on the
morning, so she waive guessed that it was still early, so she decided to let lando sleep in as long as he could. being careful to not disturb or accidentally wake him, viola reached over for her phone, the iphone twelve clutched in her hand as she read the time.

9:30am, not too early but still acceptable to stay in bed a bit longer. but she knew her plan of letting lando sleep would eventually fail, yet she didn't expect it to happen so quickly; so when she felt him stirring next to her, she lied out a small sigh of defeat. instead of going on her phone for a bit as she planned to, she put her phone on the mattress before turning around in lando's arm, her arms reaching around his neck as she began to play with the curls on the nape of his neck.

"what time is it" if there was one thing that
viola absolutely loved about lando, it would definitely have to be his morning voice, the amount of butterflies she's get when she hears it was enough to fill a whole stadium.

it's still quite early, try and go back to sleep." viola whispered softly down his ear, lando pulling her body closer to his as he rested his head in the crook of her neck. "sorry for waking you up."

"you didn't, i've been trying to go back to sleep
for a while."

why didn't you wake me up? we could have had a little chat about the dreams we had."

"you know i don't dream, viola."

"is that so?" a small smirk grew on her face as an instant memory popped into her head to challenge what he'd just said. "remember when you told me about the dream you had when we got married in monaco after the race."

"how was i not meant to dream about that, you looked beautiful that day."

"thank you, lovely, but i was dripping in sweat and champagne." viola giggled, her fingers lightly scratching at his scalp, the vibrations of him laughing with her against the neck making it start to become ticklish. "and it was all your fault."

"i wanted to celebrate in one of my favourite places with my favourite person, you can't blame me for that." he began to move, his head now resting in the pillow as they gazed at one another. "i really wanna kiss you right now."

"you do?"

"did i say that out lou?" lando's eyes widened at the realisation that he'd said his thoughts out loud and to the woman he thought them about. "ignore that, i didn't mean to say that."

"lando, please stop talking." viola cupped lando's cheek, her caressing his cheekbone as she switched her gaze from his eyes to his lips, the pair of them leaning in until their lips connected for the first time ever.

the kiss was soft and gentle but also passionate and desperate, the both of them wanting this to happen for the past three years get it never happening until now. three years of lent up emotions releasing themselves during the kiss, the desperation they felt to touch each other finally coming through and so much love being shown through one simple action.