(Creation) Chapter 6 The Genius Synergist

No one's POV

The Kingdom of Velka — Capital Velnika. Velka sat in the southwestern portion of the Northern Continent. A vast network of tunnels ran directly beneath its capital city.

The tunnels were filled with abundant amounts of green glowstone, which had earned them the name "The Greenway."

Monsters and cutthroats prowled their depths, so it was by no means a safe way to travel. However, because of the rare ore that could be mined there, the tunnels were still popular.

Velka itself could trace its origins back to The Greenway. The kingdom had started out as a mining town that had sprouted up to harvest its ore. Merchants and craftsmen had then flocked to the town, which eventually grew into a flourishing city. That flourishing city then grew into a small country, until it eventually became the mighty kingdom it was now.

The country manufactured all of its own weapons, its tools, and even magical artifacts. Velka was known to the rest of the world as the kingdom of inventors and craftsmen. They were more than a little jealous of its wealth of natural resources and talented citizens.

The engineers and craftsmen of the kingdom were always competing with each other, and there were a few exceptionally talented guilds whose names had become famous.

One of those was the Orcus Workshop. It allowed only the most talented Synergists to join. Its fame was so great that even nobles considered it an honor to be accepted for an apprenticeship there. Their primary focus was on weaponsmithing. And thanks to the current political climate, they were in rather high demand.

The Orcus Workshop's headquarters dwarfed the surrounding buildings. Today too, the workshop was filled with the sounds of Synergists chanting and master craftsmen chastising their apprentices.

Like with all Orcus Workshop buildings, the headquarters was partitioned into sections, with each section housing a different specialty. One could usually guess what each section's specialty was by looking at the tools and materials used.

Most craftsmen were surrounded by weapons, armor, and the materials needed to make them. Others were buried in piles of everyday goods. As the Orcus Workshop's main business was weapons, it made sense for most sections to be dedicated to that. One's standing in the workshop was determined by the quality of goods they could produce.

However, there was one craftsman who was surrounded by something else. His section was radically different from the rest of the workshop. The young man working that station had gentle, feminine features and a long, slender build. He wore black-rimmed spectacles and had his shoulder-length black hair tied up in a ponytail.

He wore an apron over his simple blue shirt and off-white trousers. Gadgets of dubious function stuck out of the numerous pockets his apron had. His intelligent eyes were staring earnestly at a magic circle and the materials contained within it. Then, he clapped his hands together and the magic circle in front of him began to glow. His mana was a warm, yellowish- white. It was reminiscent of sunlight, the kind one might see on a warm spring day.