(Spatial Finale) Chapter 19 Worthy of that Name

No one's POV

Meanwhile, during Miledi and Oscar's fight with Hearts, an ebony figure's longcoat flutters behind him as he draws his blade.

Alpha: Our work here is done. All we needed to do was buy time until he showed up...

A radiant smile spread across her face.

Beta: Yeah!

Delta: Boss!

Epsilon: That's right. He's here.

Shadow Garden:—Lord Ryu!

They trembles with joy. Their faith in their master is absolute. Ever since they were young and weak, he's tirelessly stood before them to fight back the darkness. They grew up watching him from behind. Even against the Vampire Princess, Alpha was sure he'll be fine. Maybe it's because of how safe he makes her feel, or maybe it's because of how long it's been since she last saw him, but she feels almost as though his body is a little bit bigger than usual. But not everyone necessarily feels the same way.

Alpha: Lord Ryu, be careful. Lady Yulinne, she is not normal.

Alpha's voice is filled with worry.

Ryu: Yulinne, I don't know what had happened to you 500 years ago. But I will not allow you to go do any further damage.

Yulinne: You are dangerous. I must eliminate you.

Finally Yulinne had said her voiced out. Ryu smirked.

Ryu: If you wish to kill me, you had better be prepared to die.

Yulinne: That isn't a threat. It's life or death, after all.

Ryu: Oh? Then let me test that resolution of yours.

While all that is going on, the air between Ryu and Yulinne is growing tense. Ryu readies his Mithril blade. The Vampire Princess deploys her red feelers. The aura Yulinne is emanating has grown even stronger.

Beta: Lady Yulinne is finally going all out.

Epsilon: Sweet heavens! That wasn't her full strength...?

Yulinne's power has grown since her fight against the Shadow Garden. Her eyes flash like scarlet rubies as her blood dress writhes even more animatedly than before. The tension between her and Ryu reaches its crescendo—and at long last, the blood feelers and the ebony blade meet. Innumerable feelers bear down on Ryu, but his Mithril blade arches beautifully through the air as it slices them all down.

Trails of red and silver collide over and over as the combatants' terrifying speed leaves all the bystanders in the dust. For them, though, the attacks are meant as little more than feints. Suddenly, the Vampire Princess's body wavers, and a second later she's behind him. Her red claws are aimed straight at his back. Ryu's body abruptly wavers in turn.

Ryu: Vebdoz!