Chapter 1

"Crosshair lock you down,
May death gently kiss you on your forehead."

Henry whispered, singing a tune to himself with a confident smirk plastered on his face.

It was a hot noon, with the sun shining its golden rays mercilessly onto the land. Standing on a rooftop without any shade, Henry endured the heat, as if used to the weather. His job needs him to be outside most of the time, which gave Henry strong endurance even on the harshest winter nights and harshest sunny day.

Before him was a tall glass building, reflecting the sun's rays. Henry saw his reflection shown on the glass windows, holding what seemed to be a sniper rifle, set in place on the rooftop's railing. His finger tapped on the trigger softly, ready to find the proper time to shoot. His eyes shone a bright yellow, seemingly not phased by the obstacles before him, rather as if looking through it, like a transparent object.

His yellow eyes was not his natural eye colour anyway. But rather a sign of him activating his powers. His X-ray vision, specifically.

Gazing intensely through the scope, Henry searched for the target he needs to assassinate, moving slowly while being extremely focused. Even the smallest change of the wind can determine the path of his bullet.

"Found you." He whispered to himself.

A lucky target, who was not able to see Henry was finally caught in crosshairs. Without any second thoughts, the sniper's trigger was pulled, emitting a loud sound of gunshot, similar to the cries of thunder. A gush of wind flew, and immediately was the sound of shattering glass.

And then silence.

Then a distant yet soft thud.

Henry's bright yellow eyes shifted to a dark brown hue, his normal eye colour. He steped away from the railing and lowered down his sniper.

He did not feel the need to check. His eyes confirmed the kill, accomplishing his mission.

Henry slightly turned his head, focusing on a medium sized drone levitating beside him, which has been silently observing the young man.

"Mission accomplished. Drug lord down." Henry said towards the drone.

"Sending results back to Headquarters." The drone spoke back monotonously. A typical robotic voice, which Henry found himself liking it, until it beeped. "Warning. Hostile enemies approaching the area."

Henry's eyes widened slightly. He cursed under his breath, tossing down his sniper and pulled out a glock from his holster, cocking it before aiming towards the first enemy he sees.

"Fuck... I'm so unprepared for this." Henry hissed. "Call for backup. How many are there?"

"Estimatedly 50. But there might be more. Reinforcements has been called. Arriving in five minutes."

Five minutes to hold off the enemies. Five minutes to survive.

Having a countdown in his head, Henry creased his brows in anticipation. Rushed footsteps was soon heard, crashing through the rooftop entrance's door with an explosion. Smoke filled the area and limited the vision for the surrounding area, but for Henry, he was at an advantage. Once those dark brown eyes turned bright yellow again, he managed to dash from enemy's view and shoot at whoever he sees without being seen. A glock would not do much, though Henry still know that a pistol's accuracy would mostly drop when enemies are far. In this case, enemies are mostly close, so vital points are easier to hit. Even if snipers are even more deadly, the speed would be too slow as the enemies kept on coming the more Henry kills.

It just would not end. Even when the smoke finally died down and revealed the bloodied corpses that stained the rooftop, the enemies will not back down.