Chapter 6

"You're okay. You pushed your body too hard. The most important thing is to rest more and limit your strenuous physical activities for the time being," A older male voice spoke.

Henry sat half naked on the nursing bed once he was done with his assessment, a cold damp towel hanging around his neck as he nodded his head to the doctor's words.

"You haven't been in a good shape these days, have you?" The doctor questioned as he went to his desk to type out a report on the desktop.

Henry stood up with a grunt and buttoned up his white shirt, then to hang his brown long coat over his shoulder. "Yeah."

"I understand your job, but please take care of yourself. Your body heals quickly, but that doesn't mean you can abuse it. Please watch yourself, Henry."

Henry has always been reckless. Unlike before, that recklessness has begun to punish him.

"No promises. Thanks, doc." Henry softly uttered, a small smile curling up his lips.

Henry stepped out of the room, closing the door firmly behind him with a click. He exhaled heavily, realisation dawned on him when he felt how heavy and sore his body was after the intense battle. He proceeded to lean against the wall as he looked at his own shaking hands, the sight he was looking at later switching over to smaller but familiar bloodstained hands, until he shook it off, breaths heavy. In the midst of wondering about the flashbacks he saw, the corner of his eyes picked up a figure of someone, which prompted Henry to look up. For a moment he thought he saw that young reflection of him again, but he soon relaxed when he saw that it was just Hannah, standing before him.

Her eyes twinkled when their gaze locked. He leaned away from the wall in anticipation.

Henry wanted to open his mouth to speak, but dropped the act when Hannah's arms wrapped around him in a tight embrace, her face buried into his chest due to her shorter height. Henry can only smile, hugging her back and kissing the top of her head. It felt as if it had been a while since he had a hug, so his grip on Hannah tightened. He needed it.

"I made you worry, didn't I?" He softly asked.

Hannah pulled herself away slightly. There was relief in her eyes, yet mixed with anger, which caused a sweat to roll down Henry's head.

"Not only were you asleep for three days, you decided to endanger your life the moment you wake up!?" Hannah exclaimed.

"It's not my fault I got caught in it..."

"You're lucky that Leora saved you in time."

"Better at the nick of time than early-"

Hannah flicked Henry's forehead. The pain made Henry retreat back, placing a hand on his forehead. He playfully pouts, but Hannah still displayed her stern expression.

Henry sighed. "Alright, alright. I'm sorry for making you worry."

"Yo, Villin!"

Blaise's voice broke through the two, with him tossing an item towards Henry. Henry caught it with ease, seeing a ziplock bag, noticing contents that consisted of silver bullets and its shells. Blaise approached him with both hands buried in his pants pockets, nudging Henry's arm gently with an elbow. Henry scanned the items in the bag with his brows narrowed.

"Recognise 'em?" Blaise asked.

"Silver bullets." Henry faced Blaise. "Specifically, the ones that were also fired towards me, isn't it?"

"Yup. I decided to take a second look 'cause I was bored, then I remembered we no longer have silver bullets in production."

"Silver bullets were previously used to cancel one's magic instantly. But once it hit vital areas, say, your core, it instantly kills you. It hurt worse than a normal bullet, and because of that, production was stopped. It's inhumane to let anyone suffer in an execution."