Chapter 3

Footsteps echoed on a freshly cleaned rooftop, compared to the way blood and corpses of people adorned the surface during the pale afternoon. The full moon was at its brightest tonight, its silver light lay upon a young man, showing snippets of his pale face as his white bluish hair reflected that same illumination with a dim glow. His blue eyes scanned the area, an unsatisfied frown plastered on his face.

An unknown voice laughed, belonging to another man who sat on the railing with a disapproving shake of his head. It was hard to notice him under his dark clothing, however the white haired man recognized him by his fedora.

"You know, Van Hagen. If you want to kill him, you gotta do it yourself." The man with the fedora spoke with a chuckle.

"Shut up." The blue-eyed man, referred to as Van Hagen, hissed as he avoided the man's gaze.

The other man laughed again. "You complained that Sire's men are weak. Yet, you still used them."

"I cannot kill Squad E1 alone. Especially captain Henry. I thought making use of their assassination mission can get them since that bastard was alone... until his teammates came."

Van Hagen clicked his tongue in exasperation, clenching his fists.

"Maybe I was too slow," He added.

The man laughed and walked past Van Hagen, taking his fedora off and blew away little dusts particles that were stuck to his hat before placing it back neatly on his head. He smirked, and gave the white-haired man a side long glance. It seemed that Van Hagen's actions amused him, watching him struggling to kill someone who boasts a higher rank. As much as he wanted to join in, his job was to only watch, ensuring clean hands.

"Underestimating them much? Whatever. If you wanna use more of Sire's pawns, you gotta approach Sideris. She commands the stronger ones."

The blue eyed man raised a brow. "Stronger?"

"They have been the ones that have killed many of EIRENE's low rank assassins, not to mention civilian kidnapping from the past months. Though because of that nature... it can be pretty hard to get hold of them. But remember, don't focus too much on your need to kill. You have not finished sending some of our Power Evolve to a few lords."

Van Hagen scoffed, sliding his hands into his pockets before he eyed the moon with furrowed brows.

●●●

The morning sun shone with utmost radiance, shining onto a rooftop like a dramatic stage spotlight. The melodious tune of a violin radiated the atmosphere, driving away the silence with a melancholy tune. Slow and steady, matching Henry's slow speed as he moved along with the sounds, immersed in the tunes of his own piece. Sadness, pain, all portrayed into a piece that not many may understand, only him. A story, told with notes, conveying a hope that it may reach someone, and relate to his feelings. A story best understood without the need for words.

But the playing was abruptly stopped, with Henry straining his neck and turning around to the source, acknowledging a visitor who has just arrived.

"Cecilion." Henry greeted.

Cecilion smiled, then to rub the back of his neck nervously. Henry lowered his violin, properly facing the person and waited for his words.

"I didn't mean to disturb... Your playing was exemplary." Cecilion bowed slightly with respect and admiration.

Henry blushed slightly and smiled, nodding his head. "Thanks."

Henry looked down at his violin with a gentle look in his eyes. He stared at his reflection, with Cecilion appearing beside him that brought Henry to face the young man again. Henry could read his friend's face and knew he has a few inquiries, but was either hesitant or shy. He could tell the questions Cecilion wanted to ask, and took it upon himself to satiate Cecilion's curiosity.