The HPSC

"Uhm, Danny-kun, are you alright going like that?"

Mina's question was addressed to one half-ghost who had forgotten his umbrella at home on a rainy day. The halfa gave his thumbs up and stepped out from under the roof of the bus stop. His intangibility let the droplets go through, leaving him absolutely dry. His friends just rewarded him with deadpan looks as they went the rest of the way on foot. Well, Danny just floated, lest he fell through the ground.

Only one day had passed since the games, and the crowd obviously had not forgotten about them. And those who entertained them so. Kirishima and Mina took the praises they received in the bus somewhat well, but they had to keep their third accomplice from going invisible. They knew not of his vigilante past, otherwise they would have mused once more about why was he so unused to receiving praise from bystanders. Honestly, Danny was somehow less confident than his undead counterpart. Which was to be expected. Yes, by now everyone knew that they were one and the same, but it was a remnant of the old times, when he could allow himself more outgoing and confident behaviour, knowing it would never be linked to his human part.

"Guess that's what they mean by waking up famous one day, huh?" Kirishima asked, noticing how people waved at them, and remembering the chaos their trip on a bus was.

"That's so neat, though," Mina grinned. "Imagine what it's like for actual heroes."

"Can't imagine them being too happy," Danny scratched his cheek. "I suggest saving money for some bulky chums to keep them away."

"That's just you, Danny-kun," Mina nudged him. "Our very own antisocial death-machine."

"More like dead machine," The halfa rolled his eyes. "What? You started it!"

"You really are taking this whole theme seriously."

They didn't know just how much, Danny thought with amusement. Nonetheless, the three of them eventually made it to the school. There, in the classroom, the students were eagerly chatting about their own adventures on the way to U.A. Not that Danny got a chance to share, Mina did all the talking before he could even get to it.

"You really need to work on your social skills, man," Said Sero and cackled. "A hero needs to stand in the spotlight after all."

The only spotlight he would usually be given before was the one over vivisection table, but Danny chose not to say this out loud.

"Maybe," Danny responded instead and shrugged. "As long as this spotlight ain't like Mineta's."

"I'm still here!" The grape boy exclaimed.

"I know. That's why I said it," Danny smiled innocently, before swinging back in the air and facing the silent Todoroki upside down. "What about you, Todoroki?"

The teen blinked and stared at the blue-eyed halfa. "It...was fine. I'm used to it."

"Used to...oh, I get it."

Being the son of number two hero came with certain things, he supposed.

They were interrupted when Aizawa entered the classroom. As per usual disciplinary procedures, his greeting was responded in kind by students who immediately took their seats. The tired teacher once again looked over the classroom and sighed tiredly.

"Today we are having a special hero informatics class."

His words sent tremor among the most impressionable of the students, who feared that the teacher had a stack of test papers stashed in his desk.

"You'll be coming up with hero names."

And that statement in turn made the elated kids show their excitement too much, enough for the teacher to make scary red eyes to force them to keep quiet. Danny was not among them, for the sole reason that he, well, already had a name. So his excitement was mostly due to the fact that he wouldn't have to do anything at all that day. That was quite fortunate.