He doesn't give a shit about us

I get in my car and just sit there for a minute trying to cool down.

'He doesn't give a shit about us' I think to myself as I look at my old neighborhood.
I put my old ford f250 pickup in drive and drove back to the Yellowstone ranch.
I park the truck and make my way out.

I walk towards the barn and start looking for Carl. I find him and kayce brushing one of the horses.

"What are you two doing?" I ask looking between the two of them.
"Did you talk to frank?" Carl asks
"I did actually" I stated not saying further, kayce just looked at me confused as I gave him a simple smile.
"Well what happened?" Carl ask walking up to me.
"He didn't want to talk to me about it" I said watching his facial expressions.
"Sure he didn't" Carl says walking away and out of the barn.

"Soo what actually happened?" Kayce asks cautiously well he puts down the brush and walks towards me.

"I haven't seen him in four years and all he has to say to me is that he's gonna die happy with alcohol and that tragedy makes kids tough" I say chuckling dryly.

"I'm sorry baby, was it a least worth a shot?" He asks rubbing up and down on my arms.

"Fuck no, the asshole is just trying to force Carl to get him a liver. And won't even try talking to me, but why would I care, he was never involved in our lives anyway unless it involved money, drugs and alcohol" I say kicking some rocks with my boots.

"Cmon baby let's go back to the house, maybe Beth's there and you can make plans for a shopping trip or something for tomorrow?" He says leading me towards the direction of the main house.

We walk into the house and kayce goes to talk with his dad and I go to look for Beth.

"Finally I found you" I said sitting beside her on the couch. "Yes?" She says indicating to tell her what I want to say.

"I need to get my mind off things and we need to go shopping tomorrow" I say not taking no for an answer.

"If you need to get your mind off shit why don't we go to a fucking bar" she says looking away from her computer.

"Not that kind of mind off things, I need to have a fun day with my best friend. I don't want to forget it" I say chuckling.

"Whatever, my offers still on the table. I'll take you up on the shopping offer too" she says getting up and leaving the room.

I myself am getting tired and I look at the time, 10. I didn't think we and Beth were talking for that long. I walk up the stairs and quickly make sure carls asleep and ok, which he was so that was good.

I make my way to me and kayces room and already find kayce laying in bed waiting for me.

"Hey darlin you talk with Beth?" He asks opening the covers. I quickly take off my jeans, hat and boots and climb into the bed.

"Yeah I talked to her, we are going shopping tomorrow" I say snuggling up to him.

"Good good, glad to hear it" he says placing some kisses on my forehead.

I slowly start to fall asleep with kayces words, trying to stay awake but it's already too late and I'm already asleep listening to my loving boyfriend talk about his day.