16. CAN I HAVE YOU THEN?

LULAMA

I'm dying.

Adi and I were dropped off after midnight and because she didn't want to wake her sister up we dragged out tipsy selves up to my place. She passed out on the couch while I made it to the bed.

Few hours later...

We are taking turns running to the restroom. We're both alternating between vommiting and the worst case of diarrhea. My stomach is in so much pain and my entire body is heating up, my eyes hurt and my head is heavy. Adi is complaining about the exact same thing.

"My back is also killing me," She complains walking out of the bathroom.

"You should have slept on the bed,"

"No, not anymore. That's where you do the nasty with Bangizwe,"

"We're not-" I don't get to finish this as it's my turn to run to the bathroom. All I'm throwing up is water at this point.

I get up while clutching to my stomach and rinse my mouth before heading out, making use of the five second relief. We try sleeping  but it's impossible with these endless trips to the bathroom. I don't know what to make of this, I've never drank beyond what I could handle and right now my mind is going wild with all these endless possibilities. Were we poisoned? Are we dying?

When the sun rises, Adi decides to go home. She says she's going to try and soak her body in a bathtub and I've never wished to have a bathtub the way that I do right now. She gets her stuff and tells me that she will call, if it doesn't get better then we definetly have to go see a doctor.

I get a pillow mand have it against my stomach for some comfort and for a while, sleep finally makes itself available. That only lasts for a while until I'm up again but it's not the diarrhea or vomiting. It's endless pings from my phone. I groan as I search for it and find our group chat buzzing with texts so I scroll up to the first.

"Guys, I don't feel too good," A text from Amo.

Adi responds letting him know that her and I are the same. What then catches my eye is Rafael's response.

"Uhm guys... I'm really sorry. I also got home feeling sick and Danny told me that she poured epsom salt in the food we ate last night,"

"What the hell!" I respond

"I'm sorry, I really am... I thought she was over the fight we had,"

"Your girlfriend poisoned us!" Amo sends.

"Ex, ex girlfriend now,"

"What the fuck! What the hell is wrong with her!" Adi sends.

"She's crazy, that's what's wrong," Amo backs her up.

"I didn't think she would take it this far, I honestly didn't,"

"So we are collateral damage," I send.

"Kind of," Rafael replies.

"Kind of? Rafael, what your girlfriend did is criminal! She could have killed us!" Adi goes off at him.

"Ex,"

"I don't care! She's psychotic!"

"Your girl is capable of murder, if you don't open you eyes one of these days we will be attending your funeral," Amo tells him

The group chat continues to explode and insults are thrown all roud to the person whose not even in the group. Rafael continues apologizing. I don't have the energy for this, what kind of a messed up person does this? No honestly, who does this?