36. THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL.

NARRATED POV

"Tell me, does this thing work?" she taps her head "How the hell does your brain function, Penelope?"

"What do you mean?"

"I said Bangizwe Mdlalose, Bangizwe!!not Mduduzi," Nomshado whisper yells. Her heart is beating furiously against her chest, it also can't believe this mess.

"No, you didn't mention a first name, You said Mr. Mdlalose and that man announced himself as Mr. Mdlalose. What was I supposed to do? Ask him to pose for a picture or video call you so you could confirm if it's the right Mdlalose that you're looking to turn into a puppet? "

Penelope seethes, she hates being insulted. Nomshado gave her half information so how the hell was she supposed to know that this is not the intended target? She's not the witch here and she certainly doesn't possess superpowers to know whose who. This one just needs to work on her communication skills, finish!

" So what the hell am I supposed to do? " Nomshado glares at her like she holds the book with all witchery answers. Does she look like Sabrina to her?

" I don't know, your korobela [love potion], your problem. I just ask that I recieve my brown envelope because I did what you asked me to do, "

"You can't just leave me stranded, Penny! You played a part in this,"

"I followed your instruction. It's a good thing you didn't study to become a teacher because your learners would fail until the return of Mary's son. Sesi wee, you need to be clear when you give out instructions, don't just assume I will know. I don't even know anyone by that last name, "

" This is a mess, " She says more calmly and Penny feels a little, just a little bit of pity for her because she's now about to have a man she doesn't want following her around like a love sick puppy. The results of witchcraft!

" Is he related to the one you wanted to turn into a zombie?"

Nomshado glares at her, Penny never chooses her words she just vomits them all over the place but she is too drained to call her out on that.

"Yes, they are brothers,"

"Wabona? [you see?] not all hope is lost. Just go with the one you scored, it's better than nothing,"

"Better than nothing? Are you fucking stupid! Did I say I want anyone else? "

"Ha.a, don't come at me like that. I get that maybe your vibrator ran out of batteries before you got your happy ending but you don't get to talk down at me just because you're frustrated, none of this is my fault,I repeat, work on your communication skills,"

"Fine!I'm sorry,"

"You better be, gape I didn't pay five tollgates to come be disrespected here in Joburg and I'm just trying to help you recover from your fuck ups. Now go to that man and see if you can't use him to get closer to your target, then when you've figured that out, go back to your witchdoctor and ask for more stuff to use and this time, be wise about it,bathong Nomshado, you want to be a witch but you don't even know how to witch properly? "

She stops and looks at Penny then ignores her last comments to focus on the plan she just told her" That actually sounds like a plan, "

" Hmm,"Penny hums and signals with her eyes that she should go over to where the collateral damage is seated.

Nomshado slowly makes her way there. She doesn't know much about Mduduzi Mdlalose except that he's the first brother and the wrong target.

"Hi,"she greets standing next to him and he looks up at her