Chapter 61

THIRD PERSON'S POV:

Imee woke up and immediately checked if her husband was still beside her. She opened her eyes and saw him sitting there, his face expressionless. This was her worst fear. She sat up, overcome with fear coursing through her body, scared of what might happen next to the both of them.

She looked at Rod and reached out to hold his hand, but he simply rejected her gesture. Imee bowed her head, a tear escaping from her eye. Her heart felt heavy with sadness and uncertainty. It seemed like her worst nightmares were slowly becoming a reality.

Imee had noticed a change in Rod lately. He had become distant, emotionally detached, and unresponsive to her attempts to connect with him. She tried to communicate, to understand what was going on, but he seemed to have built an impenetrable wall around himself. It was as if he had shut her out completely, leaving her feeling helpless and alone.

As she sat there, her mind filled with questions and doubts, Imee couldn't help but wonder what had gone wrong in their relationship. They had once been so deeply in love, supporting each other through thick and thin. But now, it felt like they were drifting apart, and she couldn't comprehend why.

Imee felt a mixture of sadness, frustration, and fear. Sadness because she missed the connection they used to have, the laughter and the shared dreams. Frustration because she couldn't figure out how to reach him, how to break through the walls he had erected. And fear because she was terrified of losing the person she loved most, of waking up one day and finding herself alone in a cold and empty bed.

She knew that something needed to change. She couldn't continue living in this state of uncertainty and despair. She had to find a way to bridge the gap between them, to rekindle the love and intimacy they had lost. It wouldn't be easy, but she was willing to fight for their relationship, for the life they had built together.

Imee wiped away her tears and took a deep breath. She made a silent promise to herself that she wouldn't give up on them, on the love they once shared. She would find a way to break through the walls and reach Rod's heart, to remind him of the bond they had and the promises they had made to each other.

"Rod, please. I can't live like this anymore. I know I've made a terrible mistake, and I deeply regret it. I beg you to find it in your heart to forgive me." Imee exclaimed with teary eyes

Rod, unable to hide his anger and sadness, avoids making eye contact with Imee.

"How could you, Imee? How could you betray me like this? I trusted you, and you threw it all away." Rod said not hiding how angry he is. Nasasaktan din si Rod.. ngunit ayaw niya rin naman na nagkakaganito sila

Imee lowers herself to her knees, desperate and pleading.

"No words can express how sorry I am, Rod. I never meant to hurt you. Please believe me; it was a moment of weakness, and it will never happen again. I love you more than anything in this world."- Imee said

Silence fills the room as Rod wrestles with his emotions. Finally, he stands up, unable to face the pain radiating from Imee's eyes.

"I need some time alone, Imee. I can't decide right now. Please leave me for a while." Rod was a little hesitant but still left.

Distraught, Imee watches as Rod heads for the door, not knowing whether he'll return with forgiveness or leave her for good.

PARK

Rod walks aimlessly, lost in his thoughts. He finds a secluded bench and sits down, consumed by the turmoil within him.

Rod was currently talking to himself.. asking "i love her, but should i forgive her? Yes it hurts.. but my heart can't help but break everytime i see her cry.. kakayanin ko pa ba? Papatagalin ko pa ba? Papatawarin ko na ba siya? Parang hindi ko pa kaya"

Suddenly, a kind and gentle WOMAN, in her 50s, heard him and approaches him.

"Excuse me, sir. May I sit beside you for a moment?" The kind woman ask in a sympathetic tone

Rod looks up and nods, allowing her to join him on the bench.

"I can see that you're going through a difficult time. If I may offer some advice, forgiveness is a choice. It's not just for the person seeking it, but for your own healing as well." She said and sounded so sincere

Rod gazes at the woman, absorbing her words.

"But what if I can't trust her again? What if she just hurts me once more?" He asked

"Trust is never guaranteed, my dear. But sometimes, people make mistakes and deserve a chance to make things right. If you truly love her, consider offering her that second chance. It could be the beginning of something beautiful." Said the woman who's smiling

Rod reflects on the woman's words, the weight of his decision heavy upon him.

FADE OUT

SEE YOU SA NEXT CHAPTER :*