Chapter 62

THIRD PERSON'S POV:

Rod enters the house, feeling conflicted after spending a long and introspective afternoon at the park. The weight of his thoughts seems to physically burden him as he tosses his keys onto the table, the metallic clinking sound echoing through the quiet house. He stands there for a moment, his mind a whirlwind of emotions and uncertainties.

As he takes a deep breath, trying to calm the storm within, his eyes catch sight of CJ, standing near the stairs. CJ, with his warm smile and gentle demeanor, is carrying Rod's precious daughter, Remedy, in his arms. The sight of his little girl, her tiny hands clutching CJ's shirt, instantly brings a flicker of anger to Rod's troubled heart.

"CJ, anong ginagawa mo dito?"- Rod asked as he looked at CJ like he's going to eat him alive.

CJ looks up, surprised to see Rod. He shifts uncomfortably, holding on to Remedy protectively.

"I, uh, I just came to visit Remedy. You know she's my daughter too."- CJ replied

Narinig ni Imee ang usapan sa ibaba at kaya nagmadali itong bumaba. Natigilan siya nang makitang nag-uusap sina CJ at Rod. Kinakabahan, lumapit siya sa kanila.

"What's going on here?"- She asked looking to both of the boys looking at each other intently

Rod's expression hardens as Imee explains their relationship to him. CJ glances uncertainly at Imee and walks towards the door, Remedy still in his arms. Imee follows him, determined to have a conversation.

"I'll leave you two to talk. It was nice seeing you, Imee. Take care of Remedy."- He said at naglakad upang umalis

Imee walks with CJ until they reach the gate, engaging in a small conversation and expressing gratitude for his visit. She takes Remedy from him, and he bids his farewell.

Rod, observing the interaction, feels a pang of jealousy and frustration. When Imee returns to the house, Rod is waiting for her on the couch, his emotions overwhelming him.

Imee returns to the house, slightly out of breath. She finds Rod waiting for her on the couch, his face contorted with anger and hurt.

Rod instantly got up and faced Imee

"What is he doing here? Did you two get back together? He has no right to be near Remedy!"- He shouted at her

Imee, taken aback by Rod's outburst, quickly responds, trying to explain the situation.

"Rod, Remedy is also CJ's daughter, and he just wanted to visit her. We need to be considerate of his rights as a father."- She replied

"What's your problem, Rod? You've been cold and distant, ignoring me. And now you have the audacity to shout at me?" - Imee exclaimed defiantly

Rod's anger intensifies, his voice rising.

"I can't believe you would choose CJ over me! How am I supposed to trust you?"-Rod

Imee stands her ground, disappointment etched on her face.

"Trust me? You've been pushing me away for weeks! It's not fair! At isa pa, hindi ko binalikan si CJ! How dare you put all the blame on me!"

A heated confrontation ensues, escalating into a quarrel. Imee feels deeply disappointed, believing she has every right to be angry, especially given Rod's recent coldness and indifference towards her. Feeling it's unfair, she decides to take a break.

She swiftly moves to her room, gathers her things, and returns with her twins.

"I need some time alone, Rod. I'm going to stay at my mother's for a while with the kids."- Imee said firmly while chatting his brother to come pick her up

Rod watches, overwhelmed with regret for his actions, but he is unable to stop her from leaving.

"Imee, please don't go. We need to talk this through. I'm sorry for pushing you away."- He shouted while Imee is walking away.

But Imee has made her decision. She looks at Rod, tears streaming down her face.

"I need time to think, Rod. Just give me that. I can't keep living like this, feeling so neglected."- Imee said with teary eyes

"Imee, wait! I'm so sorry, please don't go!"- Rod shouted again

But it's too late, a car stoped at their gate and Imee leaves, taking her children with her. Rod is left alone, filled with remorse and a deep longing to make things right.

FADE OUT.

Good night 😎🤟