The Boy [2]

That night was one of the special nights that all of the Cullen's had gone out hunting together, this wasn't very common to ensure that each had enough to eat without scaring off all of the animal. However this is what they had all decided to do this evening.
They had all left quite early before the sun had set, however knowing how deep they were going nobody would see them so they were fine.
After their hunting trip, which ended a few hours after they departed they had all decided to make their way back home.
However when they reached their home something was off.

They all inhaled in,
"Someone's here?"

"Are we being robbed?" Emmet laughed out jokingly, him finding the though of someone deciding to burgle a home of vampires funny. His slouched form being a give away of his lack of concern for the situation at hand, with Rosalie having to kick his shin lightly at her completely opposite perspective of the situation.

"Why do they have the right to think they could enter our home" Rosalie spat out venomously, Emmet at this point had to hold onto his wife to stop her from storming into the home which has an intruder in who could possibly have a weapon leading her to kill him which would have created a far worse situation.

"We have to go about this tactically, we can't expose ourselves" Carlisle commented seeing the trajectory of what would happen if Rosalie went in first, stopping her original intentions.
"Great we've got to play humans to someone invading our home" she them mumbled quietly, still very much pissed off with what was happening, Emmet in response holding onto her tightly and swaying her slightly into him as a way to slightly distract her.

"The doors open" Edward commented, pointing out the obvious entry point for the intruder. The lot's eyes all directed to the open glass door also seeing how the intruder would have gotten in.

"Let's deal with this calmly" Carlisle directed the lot, Emmet still holding onto Rosalie as he could seemingly tell that she would have stormed in if not for his hold.

"Well we're not going to solve anything being stood out here" Alice said introducing herself into the scene. Her wanting to see who was inside. Her tone still as usual light and full of flow, this not changing with what was happening. Alice and jasper were both stood closer to the back of the herd furthest away from the door.

The group walked up to the open door in silence, they all wanted to know who was inside but they didn't want the person to just run away giving no answers, so quietly they walked. Carlisle took the lead for the bunch, and once reaching the door he pushed it open further so they could all get a look of the first floor of the home.
They could all still smell that the intruder had been here and had seemingly been here for a while.
All of them entered the seemingly empty first floor having a quick glance around, before Esme took notice of the slight muddy footprints on the floor. Her eyes slightly widening with the small size of them, this causing her mind to race on who the intruder could be.

A loud crash came from the room above, catching everyone's attention. Then the scent of blood flooded into their noes', luckily the blood was just the emergency animal blood they kept just in case, and the fact that they had just hunted caused the danger of open blood to slightly subside. However Alice did make sure that she had held onto Jaspers arm as a precaution.
After piecing some bits in her mind, Esme was quick to advance up the stairs. The rest following quickly behind.
However by the time the rest had made it up the stairs Esme was already crouched down slightly. The others freezing at the sight in front of them,
"Hello?" She spoke softly,
.
.
.
A young boy was stood, the floor around him was covered in the blood from the seemingly dropped bottle on the floor, this staining his shoes which were covered in the red substance. The boy from what they could see was covered in dirt and mud, with the boy in desperate need for a bath. The lot were rather confused on the clothing that the boy was wearing, he was wearing rather dated clothing seemingly quite Victorian looking, far to formal for a child to wear in this day and age.
However the most shocking feature that the lot were drawn to was the pair of large white rabbit ears bent over slightly hidden within his hair.

"My name is Esme. What's yours?" Esme said to the small boy wondering why he was here and covered in mud. The boy seemingly only was aware that Esme was in the room with him, not noticing the others whose initial thoughts on an intruder has vastly changed by the sight of the child.

"Ummm"was all the child said, honestly he couldn't remember his name and he wasn't sure why, leaving the pair in silence. Esme's smile faltering slightly at the boys lack of response.
Carlisle slowly also made his way over to the boy, kneeling down next to his wife.
"Hello, my names Carlisle, I'm a doctor at the hospital. Do you know where you are?" Carlisle said, him thinking that a child may be more inclined to trust a doctor.
The boy once again shook his head unsure of where he was, all he knew was that he woke up in a cave.

"Well we're in a place called Forks, do you recognise that name?" Carlisle said telling the small boy hoping that it would spark something in his mined, however seeing the child's face still blank he knew that the child was lost.

"How old are you?" Esme asked, wanting to at least hear something from the boy.

"Seven" he responded in a quiet voice, remembering how old he was. Both Esme and Carlisle's eyes widening, firstly at the fact that the child spoke to them, but mostly because for a seven year old he looked tiny. Them both thinking that he was around three of four.

"Is this yours?"alice asked, in her hands was the small pull string backpack. The boy was seemingly surprised at the new voice, this now making him aware of the other people in the room. Esme and Carlisle standing back up to face Alice.
The boy then nodded before taking a small step forward to take his bag from the new pretty girl, however stopping in his steps when he realised that he was in the centre of the mess from the red juice and had just stepped further into it.

"How about we clean this up, with your shoes first" Esme said not wanting the blood to stain or cause more of a mess.
The boy seemingly nodded at this understanding that he didn't want to make more of a mess.

"We'll have to take your shoes off and lift you out of the puddle" this was spoken by the blond Rosalie, who had now seemingly wanted to talk to the child. Him nodding in response as he bent over and tried to undo his laced shoes. After a few seconds Rosalie realised that he was having difficulty with the tight knot, so she ended up bending down and leaning over the mess to undo the knot allowing the shoe to then come off, whilst she was there she also undid the other shoes and went the lift the small boy up. This in turn getting some of the splattered blood that was on his clothes to stain hers, yet it seemed that she didn't mind.

Knowing that they boy would feel uncomfortable if she held him too long, Rosalie was quick to return the boy to stand on his own two feet in his small socks. Once the boy was placed down back on the floor he could properly see how much juice was all over the floor.

"I'm sorry"the boy spoke almost silently, him feeling bad about the mess.
"It's fine accidents happen" Esme was quick to say, surprised that they boy had spoken again, all of this whilst she had went to retrieve some cloths to clean up the mess with.
"Are you thirsty, is that why you've come in here?" Esme continued to ask seeing as she was getting some answers from the boy.
"Yes" he meekly spoke, him slightly shaking in his feet.
"Why don't I see if I can find something for you, would you like that?" She then offered. This whilst looking up seeing Emmet looking at her, she nodded which allowed Emmet to realise that it would be him to go out and get the juice.

"Yes please" the boy said, him still looking down. Emmet disappearing in an instant off to the shops. The boys meek voice was glued into Rosalie's mind, her still stood beside him however her eyes were still harbouring disbelief at the prospect of a human having the ears of a small animal.

Rosalie feeling intrigued pushed her hand down to touch the boys ears. The boy froze at this contact, before then looking up to the woman. Rosalie was also frozen, her feeling some sort of regret for what she thought was imposing on boundaries. However the boys eyes fully widened as he sort of collapsed into Rosalie's body, moving his head so that it would seem that he was continuing to pet his ears. The other surrounding looking slightly confused.

26th October 2023
1632 words
Please vote comment and i hope you have enjoyed x