Attached [3]

The boy full out refused to let go of Rosalie.
Both of his small arms were tightly wrapped around her waist as the pair were sat on the sofa. Carlisle was knelt on the floor with some wipes cleaning up the scrapes on the boys knees along with some water to get the mud off. Rosalie had one arm sat on the boys head, with her other arm holding the apple juice carton ,that Emmet bought, with the straw to his mouth, her deciding to do this as she knew that the boy probably wasn't going to let go of her. The boy not wanting to move his head from her chest. Luckily he was drinking the juice, he must have been very thirsty he had gotten through 3 cartons of the 6 pack Emmet brought back with him.

Alice and Jasper were stood together off to the side, the boys bag still safely in Alice's arms. Edward being sat on the far side of the sofa allowing the boy room and space, with Emmet standing behind the two and the sofa he had returned shortly after the lot moved to siting on the sofa. Esme had managed to find bits and bobs within the kitchen from past cookouts to try and cook something for the child to eat, as it was quite obvious he was very hungry. His stomach rumbling definitely was a clear indication to the vampires.

"Do you remember how you got all of these?" Carlisle asked the boy, making sure to look up to him assuring that the boy knew that he was being spoken too.
The boy hesitated for a moment before pulling away from the straw and snuggling his face further into Rosalie,
"I fell" he quietly stated his voice still slightly wobbly, his mind going back to how much it hurt when he did tumble over causing his nose to scrunch up.

"Where did you fall?"Carlisle asked wanting to keep a conversation flowing with the boy. Carlisle changing now to an alcoholic wipe to get into the cuts, to ensure that they are clean and not likely to become infected. The boy seemed to allow his voice to raise slightly as this conversation was going along.
"Outside the cave" he responded quite simply, snuggling back into Rosalie, whimpering slightly at the alcohol coming in contact with his cuts. Rosalie increasing her firmness on their hold.

"Cave? What cave?" This definitely caught the lots attention, also pausing Carlisle in his cleaning, so this had to be addressed. He made sure to keep his tone light to encourage the boy and reassure him that telling them this was the right thing to do.
"The cave I woke up in". The boy said this so easily, which showed a great contrast to the rest of the people in the room who had their mouthes dropped in shock.

"You woke up in a cave?" Rosalie could barely speak out her brain not creating a conception how on earth someone could leave a child in a cave on their own.
The boy just looked up to her and nodding before cuddling back into her, him clearly taking a primary liking to Rosalie and the hold she brought him. Him having a small smile on his face as the contact.

"Were you living in that cave?" Alice asked wanting to get a better understanding of how long the boy was in the woods. Alice now moving to sit on the other side of the boy placing her cold hand on his back, yet still keeping a distance away from him.

"Yeah, it, it was scary in the dark" the boy spoke out, turning his face slightly to see Alice. "But I was brave, and.. and it turn day" he spoken slightly broken up, smiling slightly at the end with his little accomplishment pulling slightly back from Rosalie's hug.

"Yeah the darks scary isn't it"Emmet said grinning to the boy walking over to crouch down in front of the child next to Carlisle, the boy nodding and smiling back.
"Yeah it is, I was brave" he said smiling brightly happy with the affirmation.
"Very brave" the older parroted petting his head and ears slightly.

"All done, and I well go check to see how far your dinner is off" Carlisle said as he had finished up cleaning the scrapes on the child's knees. Packing up his small first aid kit Carlisle started walking towards the stairs listening out for Esme to see how she was with the boys dinner.