Part 4 - Writer's Strike

"SHIT!"

The era is July 2023.

You and Jenna were gone from that hotel now, reverted back to wherever else you both were needed.

She was currently in Buckinghamshire filming Beetlejuice 2 alongside Tim Burton.

You were in L.A at this apartment you moved in. For work purposes.
The problem? There's an ongoing writer's strike, and pre-production on Wednesday Season 2 had been halted. So you were a sitting duck these days.

Bored and sat on the couch. You let Deadpool 2 play out on the TV, one of your comfort films. Enjoying the sweet entertaining lines performed by Ryan Reynolds and Julian Dennison.

Reynolds' character Wade Wilson AKA Deadpool, was in prison with the Julian's character Russel, and got a power-dampening collar on. So he got cancer, which would be sort of gone when he has his powers.

"This doesn't end with us riding into the sunset, it ends with me dying of cancer, and you winning the Ice Box Award for softest mouth." Wade said, back turned against Russel.

Wade's situation here, reminded you of . . . how the love life, the romance business messed you up pretty good back at home, before all this.

That night, you called Jenna.

Laying down on your bed, as you talked with her.

"How's Beetle-Guys?" You said.

"Just right." Jenna said.

"Hm, just 'right?'" you said.

"Yeah, Tim's great. I'm actually. . . excited for the world to see this movie." Jenna said.

You smiled, having watched the original Beetlejuice recently and was instantly a big fan. "Wow. You're just makin' me excited. That ain't fair."

She chuckled. "Feel free to ask more."

"Just... no spoilers, please." You said.

"Can't promise you that. I need reasons to call you." Jenna said.

"Jesus Christ." You facepalmed. "That's evil. You're evil."

She quietly laughed on the other line. "Good. How was your progress on the script, by the way?"

"Huh? I-I'm not writing your script, Jenna." You said.

"No! Not Beetlejuice." Jenna said.

"Right. Wednesday. The fourty percent is done, but everything else? Kinda done too. Just . . . needs polishing. Can't turn in an unfinished movie, and look how that turned out for The Flash. With the unfinished CGI." You said.

"Right. I thought you were really excited for that one." Jenna said.

"Wasn't as good as I expected, but the first half, and some parts in the end are perfect. Hey, we should watch it together when you're free." You said.

"Sure, I guess. This'll take a while." Jenna said.

"I know." You chuckled. "Goodnight and good luck, Lydia Deetz Jr."

"Thank you, Bruce Wayne." Jenna said, amused.

"Goodnight, Batman."

The next day, you got in a video call with Emma, Hunter Doohan, James Majoos, and two fresh-face actors who'd be paired up as a couple in the story.

Everybody was rambling over your audio as you struggled to explain the plot for Season 2, shoving a kebab into your mouth.

"(Y/N), what's cookin'?" Emma said.