── 𝟎𝟒 ── "𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐟 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐢𝐧𝐯𝐨𝐥𝐯𝐞𝐝?"

YEOREUM sat there dumbfounded. Not only did she have detention, a sure way to get her behind kicked by her cousin but she was also the only other one in the room besides Dohyun.

Kim Dohyun.

A boy she could not figure out.

The teacher came into the room, smacking the ruler in his hand as he shook his head at the sight of the two teens sat rows apart from eachother. "I'm disappointed in you Kang Yeoreum." "—Kim Dohyun is one thing but to think you'd get a detention."

The teacher came up the girls table, and tut his teeth, tapping the ruler on Yeoreum's desk. "Congratulations on being the only student to get a detention."

The girl perked her brows, confused as to what the teacher meant. She wasn't the only one to get a detention, Dohyun was there to.

As if the teacher was able to read the girls mind, he shook his head and pointed towards the boy, " Dohyun doesn't count. He's always here."

"Anyway, I don't want to hear any ruckus. If you're bored, do you're homework or something." The teacher looked back for one last time and tutted, heading out the classroom door.

An uncomfortable silence broke into the room with both teens sat there staring into space. Yeoreum couldn't help but think whether she should bring up the rumour she had heard or not. She at least needed to know where he stood in this investigation.

Is he on my side or not?

Dohyun on the other hand had staring outside the window, as if he were longing for something. The teen girl decided to break the silence by sneaking up the the boy, in the hopes of scaring him. Before she could touch his shoulder, he had swiftly turned around and grabbed her arm. Catching Yeoreum off guard instead.

"You scared me!!" The poor girl clutched onto her chest as she tried to calm herself down.

"What were you thinking of doing sneaking up on me like that?" The boy grit through his teeth.

"You always look grumpy so I just wanted to catch you off guard...nothing serious." The girl winced as she struggled to get her arm out of Dohyuns grip. Noticing this, the boy let go at once, shooing her away.

"How did you even know I was behind you? Do you have powers or something?"

The boy scoffed, "Powers? Your imagination sure is active." He pointed at the window, still staring at the girl. "— I saw your reflection. Plus you didn't do that much of a good job sneaking up on me when I could hear you moving."

Yeoreum looked down to her pleated skirt and nodded in realisation. Not wanting to waste anymore time, she reached into her skirt pocket and brought out the box that Dohyun had annoyingly asked her to find. Upon seeing the box, Dohyun's eyes lit up as if he were a child seeing their favourite toy. Yeoreum noticed this, and of course would not let this go. If she found a situation that she could turn around in her favour, she would always make good use of it.

Dohyun extended his arm, in anticipation of taking the box, "You actually went and got it. You seem desperate."

Yeoreum, who was now smirking, moved the box out of the boys reach, making Dohyun's brow furrow.

"What do you think you're doing?" 

"What do you think I think I'm doing?" The girl paused for a second, wondering if what she had just said made any sense. She then extended her free hand out, motioning her fingers in and out as she was asking for something. "Harims's pencil case? You said you'd give it back if I got your belongings back."

The teen boy bit his cheek and took a deep breath in. He stood up from his seat, showing the stark difference in height between the two. "I left it at home, I'll bring it in tomorrow."