── 𝟎𝟓 ── "𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐞 𝐬𝐨 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬?"

"What if I was involved?"

"What if I really was the one that made Harim disappear?"

"And what do you think that would mean for you?"

Dohyun spoke without a falter in his voice, a mischievous smirk forming across his face as he stared at Yeoreum. A shiver ran down Yeoreum's neck, as she took a step back, bumping her side into the edge of the cabinet. She lost her footing and was about to fall when the boy, shot up and caught her from falling. He swivelled around, holding her up with his hand on her back. The two stared at eachother in the eyes for a split second when Yeoreum got to her senses and pushed the boy away from her.

He admitted it.

Jun was right.

To think that the culprit was her very own classmate made her sick to her stomach. Her eyes darted from right to left and from left to right as she tried to make sense of the situation when she heard laughter ringing in the room. Her head shot up as she saw Dohyun laughing.

"No...why so serious?" The boy leaned onto the cabinet, his laughter calming down as the sides of lips upturned. "You didn't think I was being serious did you?"

Yeoreum stood there, not saying a word.

"You truly thought I was being serious."

"— I didn't take you as the type to believe rumours."

Yeoreum clenched her jaw and her fists as she managed to restrain herself from punching his smug face into the chair. "A girl has gone missing and you think it's funny to make jokes?"

"When did I make a joke? I simply asked a question?" Dohyun perked his brow and then leaned in forward," you're the one who jumped to your own conclusion."

The girl didn't react instead bit her lip as she couldn't say he was wrong. " so you're saying that it's not you.?"

"Of course it isn't, I didn't even know the girls name till a few days ago."

She nod her head in acknowledgment and then swiftly turned around, wincing as she felt her hip throbbing. She knew she had bruised it the moment she had hit herself into the cabinet.

"If that's so, that's enough. I have my other suspicions."

Dohyun watched the girl walk down the corridor when a sudden feeling appeared. He realised something.
He didn't want her to leave.

"So soon?"

"Ive got what I came for why should I stay."

"Should I drive you back?"

"No."

"You don't want me knowing where you live?"

"Yes."

"That's blunt."

As Yeoreum started to put on her shoe, the boy tried to think of anything of substance that would keep her back for a little longer when a sudden memory came to mind.

"I'm sure you don't want to leave right now."

"I'm sure I do."

"Not when I have crucial information about that girl."

Upon hearing this, Yeoreum paused mid way as she was putting on her shoes. Dohyun noticed this and smirked slightly. "That girl...I saw her with our teacher. That namin guy."

"Namgoong...Mr Namgoong."

"Yeah Namin, that guy. They were talking that night."

Yeoreum turned around, her eyebrows furrowed deep to see if he was just messing with her again. "What night?"