14. When You're Crying

Harry Potter:

Harry will hold you close, his heart aching at the thought of you being hurt. He doesn't say much but gives you advice when you ask for it. He didn't quite know what you needed to hear the first time he saw you cry and would just sit in silence, thinking about ways that he can cheer you up later down the line.

Ron Weasley:

Ron watches you wipe the tears from your eyes, unsure exactly how to comfort you. At first, he offers to go and find Hermione for you to talk to, but he can't leave you there that upset. Eventually, he sits beside you, placing a comforting arm around you until you stop crying.

Draco Malfoy:

Draco attempts to comfort you, though he's not entirely sure how to go about it. While you vent your frustrations to him, he quietly contemplates various ways to ease your distress. If the cause of your tears happens to be someone, he swears to himself that he'll make sure they face consequences for hurting you. But for now, he remains by your side, ready to lend an ear and offer his presence. He finds solace in the fact that you trust him enough to confide in him, and he's determined to be there for you in whatever way he can.

Fred Weasley:

Seeing you cry does make Fred feel a bit uneasy, mostly because he's not used to seeing people in distress around him. His instinct would be to offer support by interjecting humour and witty comments while you vented. While not every joke would land, the flashes of your smile every now and again would encourage him to keep trying to cheer you up. He'd find his own relief in seeing you respond positively, sharing laughter and playful banter as a sign that you're feeling better.

George Weasley:

George is a great listener when you're upset about anything. He'll put aside his jokester ways, and a serious expression would come over his face as he listens to your worries. He always offers his shoulder for you to cry on, staying there with you until you feel better.

Neville Longbottom:

Neville gives you the best advice you could ever ask for, hanging onto every word that you say. While he wants to put his arm around you and kiss your sorrows away, he knows that all you need in that moment is someone to listen to. If you rest your head on his shoulder, he'd be extremely grateful, but he never wants to initiate something that you wouldn't be comfortable with.

Cedric Diggory:

Cedric is possibly the most comforting person in the world when you're upset. He'd envelop you in a warm embrace, refusing to let you go until you feel better. You'd cry into his shoulder, Cedric comforting you with 'it's alright' as he rubs your back. He doesn't say much, but just having him with you is enough to lift your spirits.

Newt Scamander:

Newt would watch you quietly, lending you an ear to listen to if you needed. While he wasn't great at comforting someone when they were upset, he knew that the right thing to do was to stay by you until you felt better. Sometimes he would try to distract you by rambling about his creatures, which would always cheer you up. Mainly because you knew the good intentions behind his rambles... it was nice to know that he cared so much about making you feel better.

Sebastian Sallow:

Sebastian will hold onto you tightly, angry with whatever it was that upset you. While he would try to comfort you as best as he could, he couldn't help but try to plot his revenge on the person who upset you or finds a way to try and cheer you up. He couldn't focus for long enough to pay attention to whatever you were venting about, which often at times would make you think that he wasn't paying attention to what you were saying. In actuality, he was almost too worried about finding a way to make you feel better.

Ominis Gaunt:

Ominis will hear your sniffles, knowing he needs to comfort you immediately. While the two of you don't necessarily talk while you're upset, he reaches out and holds onto your hand, lending his shoulder if you need it. He stays there until you say you're okay, refusing to leave for anything.

Garreth Weasley:

Garreth would be a bit slow to react when you started crying. He'd be rambling about schoolwork or how boring his Charms class was when he'd see your red face and puffy cheeks, immediately becoming concerned. He'd forget about everything else - what he was talking about, what he was doing - and become fully attentive to what you needed. It was nice to know that he truly cared, as he made it so blatantly obvious when you were upset.