EP 17 - Crowd Control Session

HERE WE ARE. 1

1-2 FLOWER GARDEN

EP 17

_ _ _

It's 8:17pm of October 31st.

"One of the manager's has seen Inumaki gathering civilians towards the edges of the curtain with a barrier propped up, but Yuri was nowhere in sight," Ijichi, wearing a large white chicken mascot costume, told the 3 sorcerers at the overhead bridge. With a curtain in a 400 metre radius, trapping civilians, and Gojo Satoru being personally called down to have it lifted, the brunette's disappearance was nothing short of concerning.

"Wouldn't she be headed the same direction as Gojo then?" Fushiguro suggested calmly. Yet there was no indication that she had been called like his teacher. In fact, it seemed like she disappeared into thin air, the chickensuited commented. 'But the mole was already confirmed to be someone else,' raising the Rat King's uneasiness. 'As if wearing faux fur and this suit wasn't sweaty already,' adjusting his collar.

"Remember, we're here to act as backup," Nanami attempted to ground their thoughts, even while he was wearing ghostly and corpse-cold makeup. Unlike the others who went all out, he kept it minimal. "Yuri's job is to crowd control like Inumaki within the curtain."

"That's insane!" Kugisaki cried aloud as the assistant manager explained the situation behind some metallic panels, their group was stationed in a different area. "And we're just here on standby?" At the very least, they could've sent another team to help the two manage the crowd.

The Zenin head, who only stuck on a Yurei to dress up as a ghost, rebuked the 1st year's worried thoughts. "You're heavily underestimating them, kid," and left it at that.

To Panda who had sat down with his teacher budget cosplaying as Holmes, Kusakabe Atsuya, the news reminded him of how she kept disappearing randomly when they were younger.

"Yuri? Where did you go?" Looking up and down drawers and closets in the room only to find the 10 year old brunette curled up in a yellow blanket. A rotting stench snuck into every crevice of the room, making the stuffed corpse feel nauseous. Even without organs. "Yuri..."

Another familiar presence entered in the room; "It seems she ate another cursed spirit today."

"She's been going on a lot more missions hasn't she? I feel bad," Panda stated, receiving a reassuring pat on the head. "The higher ups think it's the only way to keep her demeanour controlled..."

"But I think otherwise," readjusting her blanket.

Sadly, that reality hasn't changed much from before.

"Cheer up," trench coat-wearing Kusakabe stated, holding onto a lollipop. "They'll both be fine," only to see Panda reluctant. "What? You don't believe in them?" leaning back onto the railing.

"Oh I believe in Gojo-sensei; I'm just worried about Yuri," the stuffed bear clarified. "She came back from Miyagi last night," commenting while paws rested on hind legs. "It's a bit much, and she didn't even rest but then again, curse users and cursed spirits don't wait for us to be ready." He began to brush over his fake lion mane as a result, attempting to calm down his Panda core.

_ _ _

Hurling his fist reinforced with tonnes of cursed energy, her body caved the pavement with each damning hit. Her braids were slowly unravelling as he pulled her back with them a moment ago in her attempt to find more civilians. 'Toge's gathered roughly 200 people in the barrier,' she noted as her eye gazed onto the moonlight amidst the curse user's joy.