EP 33 - Taking a beating now won't be the end of the world

GLASS SHOES. 0

0-3 LOVE BOMB

EP 33

_ _ _

A week has passed since Okkotsu Yuta's first day and Gojo seemed to pair him up with Yuri to spar with today, much to everyone's amusement. "Don't worry," she tried to reassure him. "I'm still weaker than Maki in a pure physical stand off," which barely put him at ease, "but... can we brawl?" gazing towards the blindfolded man.

"B-brawl?" he stammered.

"Yep!" already in a stance. Their teacher and the rest seemed rather eager eyed by this set up. "I need to assess you as well, alright?" she explained. To which he got his fists up and feet ready.

"Begin!"

The fight started out pretty simple. He blocked a few of her blows and then he managed to strike his hand at her torso's side after a bit. Something he tried doing once against some of his bullies back then, before Orimoto's cursed spirit would finish them off promptly. She paused to take a breathe by this move. He felt accomplished by this only to get gutted at his crotch as he choked back his surprise. "What?" Unable to register her next move towards his neck, his back plummeted with a firm thud. Leaving him vulnerable. Slowly, he tried to stand up with the support of his arms yet his balance was thrown off.

"Cursed spirits won't wait for your next move, they'll always play dirty," dunking him to the ground once more; a rather delighted smile was plastered on her, much to his fright. Gojo who overlooked the brawl only held a hand over his mouth, emotions unintelligible. As her classmates winced at the blows she committed. With such brutality present, enraged by this, Rika manifested her arm... to flinch at the brunette's soft spoken words.

"Rika-san, answer me a question... Why does he not fight?" No trace of malice was felt in her tone. "If you can give me a valid answer in the next 5 seconds, you can join."

She counted...

and nothing.

She swatted Rika away without batting an eye, staring down in disgust at the pale curse with the mind of a child, "If you come out again..." before back at the new transferee, "I'll kill you both." He gulped. His seemingly lonesome unfulfilling life flashed before his eyes.

"Kidding! You'll be injured for the rest of the day," she giggled before his stomach dropped as she repeatedly beat him with her left fist, like one of his bullies, and possibly dislocated his jaw. His face grew more and more patched: red, purple--onion colours if we generalised. He was terrified.

Ma Yuri lips curled joyfully in comparison, he could confuse her for a serial killer or even a rightfully decided death row convict if he wanted to.

Numbness pervaded his limbs like ripples. It made him question how many screws loose she had and what it honestly meant to be a jujutsu sorcerer. If she was a grade 1 and he was a special grade... Would he need to be like her?

Brutal.

Ruthless.

Inhuman.

And then she stopped. Breathing heavily and almost disgruntled she muttered, "You remind me of him," inspecting his jaw as he made shallow breathes. "He's too nice when we spar," relieved by his breathing. Noticing how he twitched at her touch and was also a bit confused. "But... he's prettier in blood than you are."