chapter one

Sarah is best friends with Chris Sturniolo since she was a toddler. Chris was a triplet! When she met him she was really excited to meet his brothers, Matt and Nick. Chris had informed her then that he had an older brother, too, Justin.

Sarah really loved Chris's family because they always made her feel loved and appreciated. She has parents of her own and she loves them, but they never were that supportive. She loved Mary Lou and Jim and they loved her too, they always looked out for her as their own daughter they never got to have. She was super polite and helpful with everything they needed!

Matt didn't like Sarah though. They never got along and for some reason Matt never trusted her. When they were kids Matt didn't have a problem with the girl, they were having fun, but as they slowly grew up he started to believe she was stealing his family from himself. All of them were so supportive and encouraging to Sarah and gave her so much attention growing up that Matt always felt left out. He was a very shy character and Sarah was the exact opposite, so that's why they never really got along.

Chris, Matt and Nick are 19 about to be 20 years old now and Sarah will be turning 18 tomorrow, so they decided to throw a party for her at her house. Her parents took advantage of that and agreed to leave the house for 3 days to take a break from their jobs. Sarah's mom, Evelyn, is working as a home decorator and her father, Derek works as a medical examiner.

Tonight was the day of the party and the triplets and Sarah were decorating her house.
"Thanks for coming guys I really needed your help today" said Sarah "Don't worry about it Sarah, it's your birthday after all, we'd love to spend this day with you" Nick pointed out.
Chris smiled at her and continued with the making of the playlist.

Matt was oddly quiet today, usually he would pay attention to his brothers and participate to conversatios, but today he didn't even say happy birthday to Sarah. She didn't really care that Matt didn't wish her a happy birthday, she couldn't care less, but she was a little worried about him. Sarah always looked out for Matt, even though he disliked her, she cared about his feelings.

The time was 7:30 p.m. and they were done with the decoration. The triplets got back to their house to change while the birthday girl started to get ready for her special night. She decided to wear a red dress with black heels and red lipstick tonight, she loved this colour.

She had informed her guests that the party starts at 10:30 p.m. so she had enough time to get ready. The triplets came earlier than the guests because they would sleep over at her house and they wanted to leave their belongings at the girl's room before the party started.

Now the time was almost 10 and Sarah was staring at her phone with tears in her eyes. Chris noticed that the girl was not okay and hugged her without asking anything. He knew she would speak in a few seconds, she just needed a hug first. "He said he wants to break up with me.. He knew that today was my birthday party, he knew that in half an hour the guests would start to show up yet he did break up with me over a text!" she exclaimed angrily and sadly at the same time.

"Please try not to think about him tonight, I know he was your boyfriend but he is just a jerk. He knew how much tonight meant for you and how you want it to be perfect and he broke up with you, right now, on purpose" Chris tried to comfort her. She wiped away her tears, thanked Chris for being supportive, checked herself in a mirror to see if her mascara was all over the place and waited patiently for her guests to arrive.

The guests were at the house having fun and dancing to the music while the birthday girl was trying to get drunk to relieve some of the pain she was feeling. She really did like the guy.

Chris was talking to some people, having fun and Nick was trying to explain to some confused, drunk girls that he wasn't Chris. Sarah started to look around, not exactly sure about what she was seeking for, but she eventually saw Matt with a drink in his hands going to the upstairs bathroom. She wanted to follow him, she wanted to leave this party for a while and she saw this opportunity and took it.

She followed Matt upstairs and waited till he was done with the bathroom. She couldn't hear anything though. Not even the lock. So she knocked on the bathroom door waiting for a reply. "It's occupied" said Matt with a deep voice. Sarah couldn't understand why he was deepening his voice until she heard him laugh from inside. He must've been drunk, the girl thought.

She opened the bathroom door and she found Matt on the floor laughing hysterically. She started laughing too because she, herself, had a little too much to drink tonight. She tried to lift him up but she ended up falling on top of him. They continued to laugh even harder after that.

After a few minutes they both got up and left the bathroom. Matt noticed that Sarah wasn't so happy and energetic as she was inside the bathroom so he decided to ask her if something was wrong. "I really don't want to go down there. They're all having so much fun and I cannot seem to cooperate with them. It's killing me that Jacob ruined my night." she explained. "How about we go to your room and relax for a while?" Matt suggested, trying not to make the girl feel uncomfortable. "That would be great thank you" Sarah agreed.

They went inside the girl's bedroom, locked the door because they didn't want anyone interrupting their break and they sat in silence for about 10 minutes until Matt noticed that Sarah was staring at him. "Why are you looking at me like that you weirdo?" he jokingly asked her. "You have really pretty eyes" says the girl. "Oh..Uhm thanks, I guess" the boy said confused. Sarah couldn't think straight, because if she did, she wouldn't be leaning into him.

She really wanted to kiss someone at her 18th birthday and Matt seemed to be the great option. Matt realised what was about to happen, but he didn't stop. He was blaming it on the alcohol. The pair finally kissed and after that, there was not going back.