chapter ten

If Matt was shocked when he learned that Sarah was pregnant, imagine the shock he's in right now that he found out he's the dad. He looked at her in the eyes, not blinking. His eyes were wide, his mouth was opened and his whole body was frozen. He didn't know whether to be happy or sad. Sad because he was the one who had put her in this hurt all this time, but happy because he was the father to an unborn child that he knew he would love so much. Happy because Sarah was pregnant with HIS baby, not anyone else's. Happy because his entire family knew and was happy about them.

Right now he was surprised, though. And the girl in front of him was nervous. Really nervous.

"Matt? Please say something, anything!" Sarah pleads, but Matt couldn't speak. He couldn't. He could move, though.. And that's exactly what he did. He wanted to show her how much she means to him and how happy she made him, but most of all, he wanted to show her how much he loved her. So, he did the first thing that came in his mind when he found out he was the father of their baby, he kissed her.

Sarah immediately kissed him back. That's what she's always dreamt of. Not the pregnancy thing, but her kissing Matt. She's always liked him, she fell in love with the 'enemies to lovers' trope stories and she always wanted to experience this magical moment. Now that she is living it, she couldn't be more happy.

The kiss was slow, passionate and the pair couldn't seem to stop. Sarah had her arms around his neck, pulling at his hair once in a while, as Matt's hands were on her waist, pulling her closer to him. He couldn't stop kissing her. He didn't want to. So he didn't stop and she didn't seem to mind either. They kissed for what felt like hours until they finally pulled away to catch their breaths.

"I'm the father?" Matt asks with adoration in his eyes, he couldn't stop staring at the girl in front of him. "Yes, yes you're the father" she said smiling at the boy in front of her. They couldn't stop smiling. "Are you happy?" Matt asks her as he moves a strand of her hair behind her ear, "Happier as I've ever been" she replies kissing him once more. "Wait" Matt interrupted their kiss, "Will you be my girlfriend?" he smirks at her as he waits for her answer, "What a way to ruin the moment Matthew, but yes I'd really love to be your girlfriend" she jokes as she returns to their interrupted kiss.

The couple finally decided to leave the room and share their news with the Sturniolo family.

"Mom? Dad? Are you in the kitchen?" Matt yells from the hallway, "yes sweetheart, your brothers too!!" Mary Lou answers her son from the other side of the house. The couple intertwined their fingers as they walked towards the family.

"Hey guys" they greet as the whole family stares at them, "Is everything okay?" Mary Lou asks as she moves from behind the counter and comes in front of her son. "Yes mom, everything is great" her son answers smiling. "Did you learn the news?" Chris asks watching his brother's face for any sort of reaction, "Yes, I'm gonna be a dad" Matt smiles once more as he looks at the girl next to him and kisses her. Everyone was surprised he kissed her, they didn't know they dated, but as soon as they found out they started to cheer. Everyone is happy. And Sarah was enjoying every moment of it.

That's when they hear a phone call.