𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄, 𝗈𝗎𝗋 𝗍𝗎𝗅𝗂𝗉𝗌 𝗍𝗈𝗀𝖾𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗋

𝐌𝐔𝐒𝐄.
❪ 𝗈𝗇𝖾 𝖽𝖺𝗒, 𝗂 𝗐𝗂𝗅𝗅 𝗌𝗍𝗈𝗉
𝖿𝖺𝗅𝗅𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗂𝗇 𝗅𝗈𝗏𝖾 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝗒𝗈𝗎. ❫

 ❫

Lando purchases a bouquet of tulips before he returns home

With the flowers in hand, he returns home, hoping that Max doesn't catch him. If he saw Lando with a bouquet of flowers in his hand, he would never shut up about it - and Lando would get teased mercilessly.

He lets out a sigh of relief when Max is nowhere to be seen, and he knocks on the door of the guest room that Yuxin is staying in.

He doesn't know why he's nervous. The two have already confessed their feelings towards one another, and they've kissed - more than once. Multiple times, actually - and thinking about it just makes Lando giddy. Sure, buying flowers is a grand gesture, but a kiss was considered something more than just a "grand gesture", right?

Yuxin opens the door, headphones perched on top of her head. "Hi!" she says, and she smiles widely when she sees him. Her eyes widen in pleasant surprise when she sees the bouquet of flowers that he's holding.

"Are these for me?" she asks, the grin not leaving her lips.

"Of course," he smiles, handing the flowers over to her. "I hope you like them."

"Tulips." she muses. "They're very pretty, Lan."

Yuxin opens the door wider to let him come in, and she places the bouquet delicately on the desk. Lando watches her from the bed with a small smile on his lips. "Why'd you pick tulips?" she asks, sitting down beside him.

He takes ahold of her hand, looking at her with a goofy grin.

"Because I want our tulips together." he jokes.

Yuxin can't help but laugh. "That's very funny."

She leans in to press a kiss to his lips, and when she pulls away, she notices how he looks absolutely stunned. "What?" she asks him. "Tulips. Two lips."

"I made the joke, I know. I just... mmm... I get nervous around you now. It's very weird. I think I just like you too much."

Yuxin smiles softly at him. "I like you a lot too. You think I don't get nervous when I release songs that are about you?"

"Well, yeah." he replies. "But you write so many."

"Because I like you too much." she says, repeating the same words that he had just said.

Having your feelings reciprocated must be the best feeling in the world, Yuxin thinks. She's been pining after him for years, and finally, he shares those feelings. Lando is the first person that she's ever loved, and she is very sure that he will be her last as well.

Being in love is like floating on cloud nine, permanently. It has been a day, yet Yuxin's heart feels fuller than ever. A permanent state of euphoria - Lando was busy the whole day training, so Yuxin finds herself alone with her thoughts. And every single thought is of pure happiness and pure joy.

She writes more than she ever has in a day - being in love is good inspiration, and having your feelings reciprocated by the person you've been in love with is terrific inspiration.

Lando moves to wrap his arms around her, Yuxin's head resting on his chest. "What'd you do today while I was gone?"

"I wrote songs." she says, smiling up at him. "About you."

"Oh?" he asks, amused. "Can I hear them?"

"I can play it for you. I haven't recorded it, since I wrote it today - but I have my guitar." she replies.

"You're making me feel really special," he says, as Yuxin picks up her guitar from the stand. "I feel very lucky. Way too lucky."

"I feel very lucky too. You're a great muse." she says.

And as she plays the song that she had written for him, Lando tells himself that this is truly what it is like to be in love. He has never felt this strongly for someone before.

This type of feeling... he decides that he wants it to stay.