Part 30

Y/N'S (POV)

I skipped down to the beach all the while showing everyone my white bandana with the blue ribbons on it.

Every Glader I saw said I looked pretty..

But then I got to the shoreline and saw how crystal clear the water is plus how peaceful everything sounded with the waves until..

Three boys appear..

The boys look to be about the same age as Tommy which he's 18 so they might be 17 or Tommy's age?..

I stand there frozen in fear unsure of why they are there or what they want.

Then they speak..

"Well look what we have here. A little girl all by herself? What NO big Brother around to protect you?" They ask me.

"Wait how do you know about Tommy? What do you want?" I ask them.

The tallest one I assume is the leader steps forward.. I can see a gleam in his eye that I've seen many times before all with people who worked for Wicked.

I step back in fear.. Almost shaking..

"How were you able to get into the Safe Haven?" I ask terror lacing my voice..

The three boys grin and look at me then say "We came on the newest ship of arrivals. And none of the gladers were any wiser.. welcoming us like everyone else." They laugh..

I stand up looking at the boys and yell "YOUR NOT TAKING ME OR ANY OF MY FAMILY! WICKED HAS LOST. THEY WILL NEVER WIN!"

The leader of the group laughs again looking at me saying "Oh my dear little (Y/N) if you want us to leave your family alone you'll be smart and come with us!"

As he goes to grab me a voice draws the boys attention away from me..

             Mystery Boy's (POV)

I'm watching everything that's happening on the shoreline with (Y/N)
I feel like I know her.. but from where?

It's strange but I don't feel my body move when I'm suddenly in front of (Y/N) stopping the older from grabbing her..

He's stunned as his friends are..

"Who are you?" The leader asks me..

"Now where is the fun if I told you that?" I said with a little grin..

"You don't get her unless you go through me." I say determination in my voice..

                    Y/N'S (POV)

I stand there feeling like I can't move still frozen in fear as a boy around my age 10.. is standing just a few inches from me..

Then it happens.. fist fly, feet kick.. as the one boy that's protecting me gets a fist to face, then a kick to the gut, I feel scared for the boy.. I want to help but I can't..

Then it all stops when there's someone yelling "BREAK IT UP!" Minho runs in just as the three guys run off..

Minho runs over to me I look at him and tell him that I'm ok and I'm not hurt.. but the guy who saved me needs to be taken to the medjack hut..

Minho nods as two medjacks carefully carry the boy who saved me to the medjack hut..

I ran off to the medjack hut learning that the boy is the same age as me 10 he has a few cuts and bruises from the fight but nothing serious..

I was happy the boy was going to be ok.

"Wait why am I happy that this boy is going to be ok?

Did I know him before the Maze?"

"If I did know this boy who is he?What's his name?" I think to myself.

I decide to sit in a chair and wait until this mystery boy wakes up and I can learn more..