Part 43

Jaden's (POV)

I'm awake just before the sun comes up.. so I decide to go take a run on the shoreline when I get to the place where (Y/N) and I were only hours earlier I look down and see something in the sand her White bandana with blue ribbons all around it I gently pick it up and place it in my pocket then I continue my run.. But while I'm continuing my run I can't help but think I'm being watched..

So I decide to end my run short and get back to my hut thinking to myself (Y/N) is probably awake by now..

As I walk into the hut I see (Y/N) sitting on the bed with her knees to her chest and she has a panicked look on face..

I go over to her and as soon as she sees me I feel her arms wrap around my neck and she says one word.. "Nightmare."

              Y/N'S NightMare:

"You won't be able to protect everyone you love! Everything and Everyone you love will BURN!" She tells me that a deep/evil voice and an evil smile said in her Nightmare..

I look at her and say "Don't worry Hydro we are all safe. Plus Thomas is meeting with the rest of the arrivals that came on the ship that I arrived on. So if there's someone whose Bad trust me Thomas won't let them anywhere near the Safe Haven."

I then told her about how I brought her back to my hut and she slept in the bed and I slept in the chair..

(Y/N) looked at me and said "That chair doesn't look comfortable at all to sleep in.. You should trade it for a couch."

I laugh and say to her "Yeah I probably should trade it."

I gently grab her hand and look at her saying "You should probably get back to your hut. I'll meet you at breakfast."

She nods in understanding and takes off toward her hut..

                   Y/N'S POV

I enter my hut not hearing Thomas or Mitch are home.. maybe they are at breakfast..

I go to my room and get dressed in a dark blue dress and brown boots, but I don't see my bandana.. Oh No I left it on the beach.. my heart sinks "What if my bandana went into the ocean? That would mean it's gone forever."

I decide to pull myself together and head to the Council Hall for breakfast..

As I enter I don't see anyone at first..

When a boy a few years older than  Jaden approaches me I feel uneasy..
Then he speaks and my blood almost freezes..

"Hey aren't you cute. Are you looking for someone?" He asks me..

I look at him and reply "Yeah I'm just looking for a friend." I tell him..

"Are you a part of the group of new arrivals from the ship that just came in a few days ago?" I ask him.

"Yes I am. Are you in charge of this place?" He asks me.

I laugh and reply "No that's Thomas he's my Big Brother. I'm sure you met or saw him when you first arrived?"

I watch him as he recollects and says "Oh yes the welcome speech."

I feel really uneasy about this boy.. but then I hear his voice "Hey Hydro." I turn my head and smile..

"Jaden over here." I wave.. as he approaches I notice his facial expression changes and Jaden suddenly places his arm around my waist pulling me close..

Then I see the boy I was talking to earlier has an evil smile on his face.. could he be the boy from my Nightmare?

I carefully watch the two as the tension in the air gets thick..

"Didn't think I'd see you again after the Maze?" I hear Jaden say to the mystery boy..

"Yeah well when you get banished for starting one FIRE that you didn't mean to set." The boy says to Jaden..

I feel him laugh as I'm still leaning into him..

"Oh come on Phoenix you and I both know that you're the one who set the FIRE in our Maze and you tried to blame me for it!" Jaden practically yells

"Yeah so what if I did set the FIRE?" Phoenix tells Jaden..

I hear Jaden scoff almost like he's fed up with his "old friend" if they really are friends..

"Phoenix you could've killed someone in our Glade with that FIRE you set!" I hear Jaden yell.. his next words make my heart drop..  "You were lucky we  put the FIRE out."

I stand there almost too shocked to speak but then I gently grab Jaden's hand and whisper "Come on let's go."

Jaden nods but as we are getting ready to leave Phoenix notices me..

He takes another look at me and what he says next makes my blood freeze yet again.. "Everyone and Everything you care about will Burn!"

I'm too scared to move.. I don't even realize it when I see Phoenix on the ground..

I look to see Jaden with his fist clenched and I see Phoenix his nose bleeding..

Then I hear Jaden's next words..

"Phoenix this is just a warning. If you come anywhere near (Y/N) mark my words.. A broken nose won't be your only concern and
YOU WILL REGRET IT!"

I smile as we walk out of the council hall and back to Jaden's hut..

I look up at him and say "Thank You for saving me again. "

He caresses my check and says "Always HYDRO. I just never thought I'd see Phoenix again."

I look down and Jaden sees that I'm worried.. "Don't worry I promise I will protect you."

I turn around and close my eyes and feel our lips connect in a sweet kiss.. then I feel a soft fabric touching my head and I open my eyes and my smile widens..

"Your bandana fell off after I picked you up last night.. So when I was out on my run this morning I found it."

I smile at Jaden again and say "You're amazing. I'm so lucky you're in my life."

"Same for me Hydro." He tells me as we stand on the porch looking at the night sky..

                     Phoenix's (POV)

I arrive on this island in the same boat as Jaden and find him with a cute girl..

"(Y/N) I say her name and it feels like it just rolls off the tongue. But she's with Jaden.. Why does he always get everything and I get blamed? It's not fair." I tell myself..

Looking out at the shoreline I say in a deep/evil voice along with an evil smile.. "Everything (Y/N) cares about will Burn.. Everyone (Y/N) cares about will Burn. She's NOT getting away that easily."