𝟐𝟎. mutual torment

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲. mutual torment
:: scottstreets

shayla shrieked as she ran up to the door to greet stella and jeremiah.

"stella, jeremiah! glad you guys could come!" she grinned, embracing the two in a welcoming hug.

"hey guys," nicole smiled, passing the trio. "drinks and food are in the living room as well as the kitchen. feel free to do whatever you want— but bedrooms are off limits." she warned.

"no way she is calling this a small get together." stella muttered under her breath, just for jeremiah to hear.

"i wanna go home." she whined.

"c'mon, we can introduce you to everybody." jeremiah linked arms with stella and put an arm around shayla, guiding them through small crowds into the living room.

"oh, wait! hold on, i'm gonna go say hi to gigi." shayla slipped out of jeremiah's hold and walked over to gigi who entered the house through the side door with even more drinks.

"well, who should i hit on first?" jeremiah asked.

"this is so awkward. i should've stayed home. who cares if i'm miserable in my room— it's better than this."

"oh, come on! it's not that bad."

"jeremiah?" a boy asked, walking up to stella and jeremiah.

he had short brown hair. he had swim trunks on that could be disguised as regular shorts. stella wondered if people were going to start swimming— she hadn't prepare for that. he already had lipstick smeared on his jaw and neck, as well as a beer can in his hand.

"ian! what's up, bro?" jeremiah nodded, dapping him up.

"this is stella. and stella, this is ian. stay away from him, he's a fucking manwhore." jeremiah joked, making stella laughed.

"shut up, man. you're sick." ian shook his head.

"hey, jeremiah." gigi arrived at the scene, walking by with a few other girls.

stella watched jeremiah's eyes trail the path gigi took. jeremiah let go of stella and gave her a pat on the shoulder as good luck.

"you're all good here, right?" jeremiah asked, smiling. without receiving an answer back, he took off to find gigi, leaving stella and ian all alone.

traitor.

"so, where you from?" ian took a step closer to stella.

"new jersey." she answered briefly.

"cool."

ian then called stella hot and guided her into the kitchen, where drinks were being served. stella didn't necessarily obey him, ian kind of pulled her to him and dragged her to their destination.