Part 3 - Shattered Remnants

Although sakusa had a lot of hope and they were doing good, at the end of the day stay my still didn't have his memories and nothing could ever replace the ones that they both had together Sakusa was both hopeful and hopeless.

Days turned into weeks, and weeks turned into months since Atsumu's accident. Sakusa watched helplessly as his boyfriend struggled to remember even the most basic aspects of their relationship once again. Every day felt like a battle against time, as if the memories they had built together were slipping through their fingers like grains of sand.

Atsumu, though physically healed, was a mere shadow of his former self aside from the new memories they were making and the reminders sakusa was giving them, the pictures and everything else. He was frustrated, confused, and plagued by a constant sense of emptiness. Each time he woke up, it was as if his memory had been wiped clean. Sakusa had hoped that over time, Atsumu's memories would return, but the reality was far harsher.

Their relationship had become strained, marred by the absence of shared memories and the constant repetition of explanations. It was a delicate dance of reintroductions and reconnections, but it was clear that Atsumu's frustration was growing. He didn't understand why he couldn't remember, and each forgotten moment only added to his despair.

Sakusa, torn between his love for Atsumu and the weight of their situation, found himself sinking into a spiral of self-doubt. He questioned whether he was strong enough to weather this storm, whether he had the strength to be Atsumu's anchor when even the most cherished memories had been stolen away.

One evening, as the sun dipped below the horizon, Sakusa found himself sitting alone in the park where Atsumu had been hit. It was a place filled with memories they had once shared, but now those memories felt like shards of glass, cutting into his heart with each passing moment.

Lost in his thoughts, Sakusa was startled when he heard a familiar voice behind him. "Sakusa, what are you doing here?"

He turned to see Atsumu standing there, a mix of concern and confusion etched across his face. It was a painful reminder of the gap that had formed between them. "I... I needed some time alone," Sakusa replied, his voice barely a whisper.

Atsumu moved closer, his eyes searching Sakusa's face. "I can tell something's wrong. Please, talk to me."

Sakusa hesitated, the weight of his emotions threatening to overwhelm him. But he knew he couldn't keep it all inside. "Atsumu, I love you more than words can express, but I don't know if I can handle this. It hurts to see you struggle, to see you forget our moments together. I feel like I'm losing you, and I don't know how to fix it."

Atsumu's eyes filled with sadness, and for a moment, Sakusa saw a glimmer of the person he had fallen in love with. "I don't blame you for feeling that way. It's not fair to either of us. But I want you to know that even if I can't remember, I still feel something deep inside me. It's like a flickering flame, and I'm fighting to keep it alive."

Sakusa's heart ached at Atsumu's words. "But what if that flame goes out? What if we're left with nothing?"

Atsumu took a step closer, reaching out to gently touch Sakusa's cheek. "Then we'll find a way to start again. Memories may fade, but love can endure. I don't know what the future holds for us, but I'm looking forward to it."